Second Skin Audio

Box/sub/amp In 95 Toyota Pickup

Well. I'm not getting any responses in General. So I figured I was in the wroooong section. So I posted here!

I have a 95 Toyota pickup ext cab. I'm looking at getting a HDC12 or 15. Leaning towards a 15 because I like 15's.

I dont want to take up the 4th seat but if i have to.. then whatever.

I was also looking at DC subs. Level 4's. I plan on running 1000-1500 RMS in the truck with a ZX1500.1 or a RF1000.1bd

with me and a friend sitting in the back in between us somewhat comfortably i had a maximum of L x W x H

20.5 in x 20.5 in W x 17.5 in

taking up the forth seat instead of sticking the sub in between is a little bigger.

What would you guys recommend as sub/amp? Could i put a 12 or 15 of either brand with a proper box?

I'm lookin for SPL but I want some quality out of it and I like my lows low.

And how much are DC lvl 4's? I emailed Rusty but no reply.

Thanks

p.s. I would have pictures but my camera is a piece of shit and for some odd reason my blackberry doesnt plug in to my pc!

-.s1n

Well. I'm not getting any responses in General. So I figured I was in the wroooong section. So I posted here!

I have a 95 Toyota pickup ext cab. I'm looking at getting a HDC12 or 15. Leaning towards a 15 because I like 15's.

I dont want to take up the 4th seat but if i have to.. then whatever.

I was also looking at DC subs. Level 4's. I plan on running 1000-1500 RMS in the truck with a ZX1500.1 or a RF1000.1bd

with me and a friend sitting in the back in between us somewhat comfortably i had a maximum of L x W x H

20.5 in x 20.5 in W x 17.5 in

taking up the forth seat instead of sticking the sub in between is a little bigger.

What would you guys recommend as sub/amp? Could i put a 12 or 15 of either brand with a proper box?

I'm lookin for SPL but I want some quality out of it and I like my lows low.

And how much are DC lvl 4's? I emailed Rusty but no reply.

Thanks

p.s. I would have pictures but my camera is a piece of shit and for some odd reason my blackberry doesnt plug in to my pc!

-.s1n

i have a 98 toyota tacoma and was in a similar situation.

i built a box that just takes up the seat behind the driver still leaving one seat in the back..

i did it sub front port up tuned to 33 hertz

i also have a kicker zx1500.1 and i am getting a hdc312

i did a ton of research on this site and asked tons of questions and this is what i came up with

hope that helps

i have a 98 toyota tacoma and was in a similar situation.

i built a box that just takes up the seat behind the driver still leaving one seat in the back..

i did it sub front port up tuned to 33 hertz

i also have a kicker zx1500.1 and i am getting a hdc312

i did a ton of research on this site and asked tons of questions and this is what i came up with

hope that helps

Haha true. That helps. I like my boxes tuned low so I'll probably do 30-32hz.

But I'm leaning on trying to fit it in the middle I really don't like it being on the 4th seat, it just looks... out of place to me? lol

Im leaning towards an audioque because they are easier on my wallet because I'm 16, But i've been working since the day I turned 15 and havn't spent a penny.

Then again I dont know what DC LVL 4 cost.

I'm looking at a Alpine 9885-7 for a deck.

I want a 15 but I will go with a twelve if I can fit it between the 2 seats, There isn't much room but I'm going to move the seatbelts, I just like it in the middle because i want the 4 seats so if I have to, NOT squeeze someone up front because I'm not grabbing in between someones legs to shift. lol

I'm doing a big 3 and maybe putting my yellowtop in the toolbox, if not up front. All 0 gauge.

Haha true. That helps. I like my boxes tuned low so I'll probably do 30-32hz.

But I'm leaning on trying to fit it in the middle I really don't like it being on the 4th seat, it just looks... out of place to me? lol

Im leaning towards an audioque because they are easier on my wallet because I'm 16, But i've been working since the day I turned 15 and havn't spent a penny.

Then again I dont know what DC LVL 4 cost.

I'm looking at a Alpine 9885-7 for a deck.

I want a 15 but I will go with a twelve if I can fit it between the 2 seats, There isn't much room but I'm going to move the seatbelts, I just like it in the middle because i want the 4 seats so if I have to, NOT squeeze someone up front because I'm not grabbing in between someones legs to shift. lol

I'm doing a big 3 and maybe putting my yellowtop in the toolbox, if not up front. All 0 gauge.

i looked into doing it in the middle of the back seat but there is no way you can make the box big enough to sound decent and still have both back seats in tact. dont go with a 15 a 12 will sound better because you dont have enough room to make a big enough box for a 15 back there with keeping any seats in tact.

DC level 4 12 is gonna be a little bit more than the audioque..

i personally am going with the audioque but thats just me.. lots of people will say go with DC cuz this site represents them as well with other companies.

33 hertz is a good all around tuning frequency if you really like your lows but still like some higher notes as well

i looked into doing it in the middle of the back seat but there is no way you can make the box big enough to sound decent and still have both back seats in tact. dont go with a 15 a 12 will sound better because you dont have enough room to make a big enough box for a 15 back there with keeping any seats in tact.

DC level 4 12 is gonna be a little bit more than the audioque..

i personally am going with the audioque but thats just me.. lots of people will say go with DC cuz this site represents them as well with other companies.

33 hertz is a good all around tuning frequency if you really like your lows but still like some higher notes as well

I feel ya.

Ya you can fit a perfect sized box for a 12 in between im sure. My back seats have about 4 inches between them so I have to put it on top of the seats and move the seat belts. You don't need a 8 cu. ft. box for no audioque 12 :) hehe.

You will probably get your stuff in before me. All of my truck will be done in 3-4 months. I get my license in 3.

I'm probably going to go with an AQ too, I like them.

But when I get my girlfriend's camera back over here I will take a picture and diagram what I'm saying. I dont mind if it goes a little above the window line.

I'll post my build so you can see it.

I'm also dynamatting my doors, floor, rear of cab, and maybe the roof. And I'm getting a single slot window for the back window, triple slots rattle hard as fuck and they are easy to break into.

Heres a picture of my truck.

l_79d10a08d6799aee7298309003feee15.jpg

heres the diagram. I plan on building it down towards the floor to support the box and over the hump in the tranny.

just a quick draw up.

diagram.jpg

damn im likin the truck im plannin on a nice little 3 inch coilover lift and puttin some 33s on it after graduation

so are you saying you want to put the box in between the two back seats and still leave the 2 back seats sittable?

cuz im sure you could make a box but i dont think it will be big enough bro

are you talking about something like this..... keep in mind this is the back of a tacoma so very similar to yours but its a ten

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92750

trust me you wont have enough space to do it like that.. if you like loud then just sacrafice half of the back seat and that AQ will love you for it.

So can anyone tell me if I can fit a proper made box tuned to 30-32hz ported for a HDC12 to fit in between the seats? or will i really have to take up the 4th seat?

And it would be nice if I could get a sketchup and dimensions.

Remember I want SPL but some SQ too

I want my truck to quakeeee!

So can anyone tell me if I can fit a proper made box tuned to 30-32hz ported for a HDC12 to fit in between the seats? or will i really have to take up the 4th seat?

And it would be nice if I could get a sketchup and dimensions.

Remember I want SPL but some SQ too

I want my truck to quakeeee!

we have pretty much the same truck so why not just use the same box i made?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...2617&st=500

scroll down the page there and its the first box under my post BUMPINCRUISER

well. you see its 22 1/2 inches height. So it's about 5 inches above my window line? I think? from the seat up...

I'm going to go out and measure later tonight when I'm done with this report i'm doin for school and I will see how good that fits, if not I guess I will post in amatt's post and see if he'll build me a box a little longer then tall and show him what I have to work with. THanks for your help :P