Im Wondering If This Will Mess Up Anything

tacomabanga1986

well i got a memphis 150.2 mids n highs amp and its 2ohm stereo stable, and i got a ks 65.2 comp set and a set of ds coax 6.5's off it, and i was wondering if i could set my amp to flat and xover it from my headunit @ 80htz for midbass?, i was playin with it the other day and it was kickin out some killer midbass i hated to turn on my subs, cause when i listen to rock n country ied like to have some midbass to ketch up the lower freq's, i got my subs xovered @ 50htz, for some reason if i go higher in freq the lights dim but i can play low freq's all day long and they dont dim, lol and for some reason i can have my lights on, and fog lights on with truck off blarein the hell out of it and the voltage didn't drop below 12.0, but not to drift off topic, i want to better my sound quality by runnin like this i mean it works but i dont want em to over excurt there selves and blow but my mids n highs amp is prolly at 1/4 gain if that, and i was wondering if the hpf still worked at flat, im asking this to figure it out so when i get my honda up and running ima do the same thing in it with my polks, any feedback welcome, just gettin this out of the way so i dont halfto keep askin questions, ive been playin around wit audio stuff for bout 10yrs so i just like to try new stuff and see what works, thankx for lookin

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

well i got a memphis 150.2 mids n highs amp and its 2ohm stereo stable, and i got a ks 65.2 comp set and a set of ds coax 6.5's off it, and i was wondering if i could set my amp to flat and xover it from my headunit @ 80htz for midbass?, i was playin with it the other day and it was kickin out some killer midbass i hated to turn on my subs, cause when i listen to rock n country ied like to have some midbass to ketch up the lower freq's, i got my subs xovered @ 50htz, for some reason if i go higher in freq the lights dim but i can play low freq's all day long and they dont dim, lol and for some reason i can have my lights on, and fog lights on with truck off blarein the hell out of it and the voltage didn't drop below 12.0, but not to drift off topic, i want to better my sound quality by runnin like this i mean it works but i dont want em to over excurt there selves and blow but my mids n highs amp is prolly at 1/4 gain if that, and i was wondering if the hpf still worked at flat, im asking this to figure it out so when i get my honda up and running ima do the same thing in it with my polks, any feedback welcome, just gettin this out of the way so i dont halfto keep askin questions, ive been playin around wit audio stuff for bout 10yrs so i just like to try new stuff and see what works, thankx for lookin

[/you are not going to hurt your amp no matter whatt setting you have it on but you might mess your mids up if you put to much bass into them the xover in that amp should be better than the deck xover have you tried deck xover off and amp high pass freq turned down to 80

smdsig2.jpg

ive played around with it but i'll try diff stuff cause i want midbass to pick up were my subs start off

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Archived