Sundown Audio

sundown SA12 34Hz where to set subsonic?

Ok I have two sa12's poerted at 34Hz in 2 cubic feet per sub..powered with a saz-1200d lpf at 80hz gain set with a dd-1 with -10db . First I had the subsonic at 28hz an it sounded sloppy it went to 30 an a little better sound an couldn't tell any loss off low end at all. But still doesn't sound the best like the sub losses control at higher volume. . So would it be better to set the SSF exactly at port tunning?

• 4 weeks later...

I have a similar set up 2 sa 12s in a 3.8 cu ft box and I think it would be your tuning frequency more than your lpf. I have a interchangeable port so I've been able to play with the tuning. I've tried 30, 32, 36 and 45 hz and 30hz to me seemed like the best frequency. It would get really low and loud up yo about 45hz where my lpf is set. Even 32hz didn't sound good to me when I tried it but that's my opinion. But back to you question I set mine to 20hz and never had any problems I was running a ppi p1000.1

Obsidian 18, ppi p1000, 6cuf tuned to 28hz