dual (two different) alternators, multiply batteries. combine or separate for vehicle and audio

Numbers and real world are a lil different my friend.

To see that 1ohm load reactive, and come EVEN close to that amp pulling close to that number, that would be a nominal wiring of like .2. You also be on a burp, with a tone and enclosure that would have to be UBER efficent.

All that matters not since you will have to charge at 16v ish to make those expensive 14v bats even keep a charge.

Your cars electronics may hate that. I don't know.

So, your stuck with a alt for the car and alt for those. How are you only gonna charge/excite the high volt alt? You can't have the turn on on both alts. It will have to be seperate.

I ran a Dc 10k and some bank, at .7, with that same singer alt (still run it) and if I saw under 12v I was surprised.

What to you is "nasty drops"?

yes i know numbers and real world are two different things. i should have factored that statement in before i mentioned anything else. I did realize i would have to charge at 16 volts right after i ordered then so i change my order right after to the d3400's. my volt would drop down to about 12 and slightly under with mad light dimming.

Have you calculated your load? I actually just did a bunch or research on this. You running 14V batteries will make a huge difference on your power factor. Any idea of how much True RMS Watts you will be pulling?

I just order 2 d1400s today. At 1 ohm the amp shows to push 4300 watts from the specs. The SSA'S are rated at 2250 watts each. The amp wants 380 amps inline. So I'm going off that info.

Right now with only one sub connected at 2 ohms, just the singer alt, and two d3400 batteries, I'm getting some nasty volt drops at times. 2 runs of positive and ground. Rechecked all grounds and added some more just to be sure.

I'd figure with the vehicles needs the singer alt itself was just not enough for the amp and vehicle load. Would I be correct on that?

Your power and resistance is going to vary on box rise and the power factor and even the frequencies playing and ect. Im really surprised your saying you get nasty voltage drop from only running 1 sub wired @ 2 OHMS. The singer alt and 2 d3400s should take that no problem at all. Your vehicle load doesnt hardly take anything unless you have more aftermarket eletronic devices pulling additional power. The only real reason i would run the alts seperate really is to prevent any dimming in your exterior and interior lights.

I wanted the two alts to do just that, keep lights from dimming, plus just give the vehicle and the audio there own separate power. I already have the stock alt that still pretty new before i bought the singer alt.

Archived