Second Skin Audio

Bought a DD 9515g

Derek217

Thanks guys! I'm trying for the biggest box and biggest amp I can! haha...It's just hard to find amps @ 2 ohms for the low, ya know? If it was able to be wired down to 1 ohm I would deffienatly give it 2k+. Out of curiosity, why does everyone have their setup tuned to like 36 or 37 hz? Why not 32 or a little lower? Much appreciated guys

They tune there cause thats what da DD site says hahhaha. Anyway the 35 hz should be your lower limit if you wanna maintain loudness in your setup and besides a 9515 will still hit the lows tuned at 37 hz. So if you tune as low as 32 hz your setup will be musical but not as loud, and DD is meant to be loud :)

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

I want it loud! That's why I got DD! :drinks: I planned on originally tuning it at about 30hz to hit the low notes, but everyone else knows best. I can't comprehend how it can be tuned so high but hit the lows good, but I guess that's just how good DD is hahaha. If I run it about 1500 watts where I plan, that shouldn't matter when tuning it, right? (Looks you and everyone else is running theirs at 2k or 3k) I want more db so I'll tune it higher, but can you elaborate on what you mean by the setup being more ''musical'' at lowe hz? Much appreciated

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Ground Pounder Build In Progress

Clarion NX706

The watts wont affect the tuning so just pick a frequency you like. When I say musical I mean sound quality. Usually the lower you tune the more clear the bass is. I am not saying at 37 hz you wont have clear bass but 32 hz will be more quieter and clear. Normally SQL systems are tuned low and lack that loud punch in their systems. Plus most songs do not have frequencies less than 30 hz. So you will be better off tuning slightly higher anyway. Keep in mind that your sub can play 6-9 hz below the box tuning. So it will still smash the low 30s with authority. :drink40:

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

Wow. That's what's up! hahaha. I'd rather go for SPL than SQ with this sub anyway, so It won't bother me to tune it in the upper 30's :acute: . Not sure where specifically. As long as it slams! :drinks: How many db's have you hit before on that setup?

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Clarion NX706

I have metered 146.4 db before. Same setup different car, had a golf 4 with good electrical for the 2000 rms. Feeling lazy to meter my current car cause my electrical is messed up lol, haven't had time and money to upgrade haha. Electrical is very important remember that. You need power to create power I always say lol. But if you wanna hit higher numbers you need a tone of power, electrical backup, higher port area, and tune higher, and you also gotta know where your vehicles peaks at, etc...... :)

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

Nice dude! I understand the importance of electrical. My big thing is making sure I have a safe and efficent set up to where I can turn it for long durations of time and not worry about the amp getting hot, voltage getting too low, or the sub clipping. So I'm trying for safety and efficency through upgrading elctrical components like the big 3 and batteries. That saying hits right on point to hahaha. I would probably have an orgasm if i hit over 140db :shok: I'm wanting at least 120db, but I'm hoping I can probably get over/at 130db. But regardless, this sub will amaze me when I first hear it because it'll be Wayyy louder and better than my (2) Sony xplod 12's

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Clarion NX706

Hahaha it will shit on your sony subs lol. And you'll probably hit not less than 135 db trust me. Just make sure you have the power (rms) set properly. If power is around 1500 rms or less you could just do a big ass box and you could still get quite loud you know. Power isn't the only factor on loudness remember.. When are you starting your build??

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

Nice dude! I understand the importance of electrical. My big thing is making sure I have a safe and efficent set up to where I can turn it for long durations of time and not worry about the amp getting hot, voltage getting too low, or the sub clipping. So I'm trying for safety and efficency through upgrading elctrical components like the big 3 and batteries. That saying hits right on point to hahaha. I would probably have an orgasm if i hit over 140db :shok: I'm wanting at least 120db, but I'm hoping I can probably get over/at 130db. But regardless, this sub will amaze me when I first hear it because it'll be Wayyy louder and better than my (2) Sony xplod 12's

We have hit 147.5 on a dd 2515 on under 2k. The other day when metering we hit a 150.1 with a 9518sc on 1500 watts, I have no doubt in my mind that the setup will low over 138 depending upon the vehicle. We also have a 1990 honda civic hatch :slayer:

Nice work man. What cars and tuning were you using?? Wanna try a different tuning probably higher just for metering.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

Nice work man. What cars and tuning were you using?? Wanna try a different tuning probably higher just for metering.

Both times we were using a 1990 honda civic hatchback and the box was tuned to around 55 hz both times. Both boxes peaked around 63hz.

Archived