Second Skin Audio

Bought a DD 9515g

Derek217

I'm curious as to if anyone can help me with the basic's for running this 15 when it comes in? :gift: My first, only, and current ''system'' is 2 Sony Xplod 12's...and I just bought a DD 9500 series 15 :yahoo: . So now I feal obligated to run a subwoofer of this magnitude effiecently, safely, and like the ''big boys'' . I know the basics for car audio and the components, but for subs on the higher end like this monster SPL sub I'm basically in the dark. Will this sub perform well even at it's recomended RMS of about 1200 watts?(because I see a good bit of people running it at 2k or 3k watts) Also, anyone know a good enclosure for this DD 9515 sub? And if I get my local car audio shop to build me a custom box for it- how much should it cost, what options should the box have (baffels etc?), and questions should I ask? Any help Is much appreciated! Thanks! :drinks:

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Ground Pounder Build In Progress

Clarion NX706

^^ x2. Very nice to do your own builds.. Anyway you have not posted the car you will be using, max boot space, have you done the big3, will you have the electrical to support the power you want,etc lol

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

I don't have the knowledge to build my own box-like the size of the box and materials needed besides maybe using Rockford Fosgate's box wizard...but a buddy of mine Is gonna build it with me and guide me though it. I'll do the work, I just need his guidance and tools to make the box the right way because I would have to agree that thier must be great satisfaction if I build it myself. It's gonna go in my 1991 Mitsubishi Montero. It has a decent size trunk area that I'd estimate about mayb 5 or 6 cubic feet? But yes, I do plan on doing the big three and then buying a NVX bundle on sonicelctronix of (1) NVX JAD1200 class D monoblock amp and a matching NVX 1/0 Amplifier kit for $334

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Clarion NX706

The rms on that sub is 1500 rms and yes it will perform really well at that power. You could absolutely run 2-3k to it with no problem. We sell them all the time with a DD M2b or even a M3 to run one. You don't have to run that kind of power though to get it to sound good.

Alright, that's good news then. In your opinion, If I ran it on a 1200 watts CEA amp with an OFC 1/0 wire kit-would the big 3 work by itself to protect against voltage drops and run it safely? Or do you think I would need maybe another battery/capacitor?

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Clarion NX706

You dont have to but they really like about 2k. Or so

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

With 1200 rms you should do a box on the big side, well above 4.5 cubes and use 14-16 sq inches per cube. voltage drop its more try and error, but would advice after doing the big three get a good big battery under you hood then monitor the voltage drops. If the drops are bad you might have to add another battery or better yet a H/O alternator. And CEA isn't what you should look at cause most amps will still over rate there stuff, so just make sure you get a quality brand thats all..

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Thanks for the detailed info, It'll help a whole lot when I build my box. The NVX JAD1200.1 amp I'm currently looking at was certified by a SMD AD-1 Dyno at 1384 watts @ 14.05 volts on sonicelctronix.com. I was told NVX was good, so hopefully it is. If not, I'm pretty sure I can at least trust SMD out of anything hahaha

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Clarion NX706

Archived