Jump to content

anyone with a magnum?


martydmb

Recommended Posts

Posted

Alright here is where I am at in my install. Have 2 FI Audio Q 12" subs running at 1ohm (dual 1s wired series in box, parallel outside box) off of a saz-3500v2. Mechman 320amp alt with a d3100 (ordered a 2nd d3100 1 hr ago).

I was to run 3way active with my Pioneer deh-80prs. Now my magnum has components up front. The tweeter is a 3 1/2" . I was looking into Hertz 165 xl. Now im not sure if the tweeter will be able to fit (bracket to hold it) and not even sure what each speaker is capable to handle. I have a rockford t600.4 to run them. Anywhere I can find what power wattage each can handle? I was originally go with sundown proaudio 6 1/2, and then a tweeter. Im just stuck on the tweeter thing being my car has a 3 1/2.

05 dodge magnum rt

DEH-80PRS

Rockford fosgate T600.4

st200 tweeters

Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Saz-3500v2- Toolmaker dual 1/0 inputs

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

1/0 Sky High Power wire OFC

3 XS D3100- Toolmaker battery terminals

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter

KnuKoncept 1/0 OFC

Posted

Most any good mids and tweeters can handle 100W per channel in a well tuned active system. The actual power delivered varies constantly, and the tweeters should very rarely see the full power of your amplifier. You're going to be turning down the tweeter channels in relation to the mid-woofer channels, which cuts the power. You probably will also cut the treble on the EQ. That's another reduction in power.

Your car could use a CDT 6x9 component set. You'd use a 6x9 woofer in each door and a 2" mid/tweeter in the dash.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 638 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...