Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Had a sub enclosure question 2006 Dodge Dakota


the moose

Recommended Posts

Posted

I trying to look at different options for the back seat of a dodge dakota crew cab besides a flat enclosure underneath the seats, they also still want use of back seats. I need .85 cu.ft. for a sealed or 1 cu.ft of airspace for a ported enclosure using single 10" sub. I was thinking of making a turned clockwise on it's side "L" shaped sub box / arm rest for the middle of the back seat area.

I was wondering if there is a calculator on the web somewhere for odd mdf boxes or will I have to resort to using packing peanuts to measure out the cu.ft ? :shrug:

1974 VW Beetle

2- JL Audio 10w08 subs in ported fiberglass enclosure

Hifonics ZRXLP 6.5C (fronts)

Hifonics HRC 5.2C (rears)

500w Crunch powerzone amp (subs)

600w Crunch powerone amp (components)

3 farad power acoustics cap.

head unit- Planet Audio P385UA

Boss eq 1208

Posted

Ok, going to make it easier, I'm thinking of making this type of box. The seller of this enclosure does not post any useful dimensions to the public so it seems, they sell them for $160.00.

So I am measuring 6" ( front to back lower bottom / on the floor) 20.5" (front to rear) x 12" (wide) x ?" (high) for now need to make more measurements of the backseat of his truck to try and level it to the front storage box.
Plus has anyone ever made a sealed box that fires into a slotted port before?

img_0608.jpg

there is also this slot port option that I just found (which sells for $189.00), Luckily it does have basic dimensions to it. I could probably build this one for about $25.00 MDF and carpet. :lifevest:

l_q-25-side-webl.jpg

1974 VW Beetle

2- JL Audio 10w08 subs in ported fiberglass enclosure

Hifonics ZRXLP 6.5C (fronts)

Hifonics HRC 5.2C (rears)

500w Crunch powerzone amp (subs)

600w Crunch powerone amp (components)

3 farad power acoustics cap.

head unit- Planet Audio P385UA

Boss eq 1208

  • 1 month later...
Posted

I figured it out okay, my enclosure came out to be 1.07 cu.ft. and I used a 3" round port roughly 10" long

IMG_20140714_141739_zpsfa29c520.jpg

1974 VW Beetle

2- JL Audio 10w08 subs in ported fiberglass enclosure

Hifonics ZRXLP 6.5C (fronts)

Hifonics HRC 5.2C (rears)

500w Crunch powerzone amp (subs)

600w Crunch powerone amp (components)

3 farad power acoustics cap.

head unit- Planet Audio P385UA

Boss eq 1208

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3123 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...