cocoleveo7686

To your question. I say the belva. Works well for me

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

I ended up going with the vfl 150.1

On a side note I have a 4 channel amp running my door speakers and tweets and I used to be able to turn the volume to 24 on my alpine unit now when I turn it ab9ve 20 it sounds almost like the tweeters stop working or the music sounds dull but loud. Only difference I did was turn the gain a little higher and it sounded distorted so I put it back to where I had it and it started to do this.

On a side note glad to see you chose the AB VFL 150.1. And i know you had to pay a lot extra. If you have an issue again, i would see if xplicit would price match. Because i know they are higher than other places. Anyway's good choice on the amp.

With your other issue. Did you set your amp gain with a DD-1?

truthsayer

No I didnt set my gain on the 4 channel amp with a dd1. I set it by ear and it sounded perfect I just wanted it a little louder so I turned up the gain a little more and it sounded distorted so I turned it back but now when I go over volume 20 it seems like the either the tweeters cut out or the sound quality is dull now

No I didnt set my gain on the 4 channel amp with a dd1. I set it by ear and it sounded perfect I just wanted it a little louder so I turned up the gain a little more and it sounded distorted so I turned it back but now when I go over volume 20 it seems like the either the tweeters cut out or the sound quality is dull now

Sounds like the gain may still bet set to high.

truthsayer

Taramps HD 3000 would've been nasty

crazy how people are saying otherwise

People are used to these damn Korean amps. These Brazilians are about to take over. Watch

if they stop blowing, then likely.

Taramps HD 3000 would've been nasty

crazy how people are saying otherwise

People are used to these damn Korean amps. These Brazilians are about to take over. Watch

if they stop blowing, then likely.

if people would use the amps, you know for what they are specified for in the manual (not running them lower than lowest rated impedance, keeping voltage below 14.4v, not clipping the signal, actually using the wire designated for the inputs, etc...) and stopped treating them as if they were Koreans, they wouldn't be blowing.

Just my .02

OP, that 150.1 is a hell of an amp. Isn't anywhere close to 3k rms unless you're wiring it down to .5ohms. Just saying you could've went with that Taramps HD 3000, had a wayyyyyyyyyy more efficient amp, would not have had to wire down to .5ohms for the amp to make 3k, and an amp that doesn't require an majorly overhauled electrical for it to put out power. Plus the amp weighs a grand total of 7 lbs.

oh well

if an amp cant take anything over 14v and cant handle the slightest amount of clipping, then thats a terribly designed amp.

edit: how many people know that you're supposed to use freaking aluminum blocks for the power and ground input so you can fit more wire?

if an amp cant take anything over 14v and cant handle the slightest amount of clipping, then thats a terribly designed amp.

edit: how many people know that you're supposed to use freaking aluminum blocks for the power and ground input so you can fit more wire?

They aren't designed to be ran over 14.4v

In Brazil, they don't have the crazy batteries, and alts that we have here in the States, so the engineers went to work and designed something that would be ultra efficient on stock electrical systems.

Sounds like money to me, and any other people who don't have the money to put these crazy ass double, triple alt/ quad battery setups in their cars but want to get by with stock alt power and maybe 1-2 batts yet run a decent amount of power.

Archived