Can anyone help me?

Totalnoob

Hello everyone i am new here and also new to car audio. I was hoping some of you people on here could help me find good speakers for me. I figured you guys on here have some awesome experience with a wide range of speakers/brands so it would be easy to help me. I am looking for some good bang for your buck 2 way 6.5 component speaker set. I would like the rating of the speakers to be 100-150watts. The max price i could pay is $150 for a set so anywhere in between would be fine. Thank you everyone in advance.

Are you located near any car audio shops? Speaker selection is very subjective and should be purchased on personal experience rather than by recommendations from others who may or may not share your listening tastes. For example I personally don't care much for metal dome tweets. They sound too harsh to my ears when compared to a quality set of soft dome tweets. If there aren't any shops nearby how about a sound off competition? You could check out a wide selection of products there. If that isn't an option your best bet would be going online and looking at speakers within your budget. While you do that, read the submitted reviews by others. Try to filter out the reviews that rave about the speaker saying they're "AWESOME" (good lord how I HATE that word) or that the speaker sucks and offers little useful info. I always find the "in between" reviews to be more helpful.

The usual list of suspects to check out include speakers by Alpine, Boston, Infinity, JL, Kicker, MTX, Polk, Rockford and others. All these companies will have speakers in your price range. Even though they may be out of your price range give higher end speakers a listen too. They'll give you a reference to go by when choosing your own speakers.

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab

"Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."

Archived