Sundown Audio

Possible amp power fluctuations

You have another thread about how you recently blew a woofer and replaced it with a non-matching woofer. You're most likely having cancellation as everybody told you would happen........

this is different. sometimes a turn my subs down to listen to rock. but what im saying is without changing gain on both 4 channel and sub amp that the speakers get louder one day and lower another day. The cancellation of the new sub yes i understand but this has occurred before the sub changes. I just posted all past problem at once. By posting everything at once I am not saying as them all being current issues. ex. my front speakers one day will cause my ears to ring at volume 15 while the same song the next day would sound significantly lower. Then after a couple days the loud volume would return. It happened with my old subs and current speakers all the time. I thought maybe I needed a cap. or a newer car battery. I was going to upgrade to a yellowtop. When i read the battery with DMM. it read 12.8v-- my car is a 14.4v system which i heard is a normal reading.

12v electrical charges at 14v. 14v electrical charges at 16v.

connections are fudged somewhere for the volume not to be the same. or the amp is going out.

12v electrical charges at 14v. 14v electrical charges at 16v.

connections are fudged somewhere for the volume not to be the same. or the amp is going out.

yeah i believe the 4 channel amp maybe going... recently have mysterious static to speakers that resolved on its own without change and my back left rear speaker stopped working for like 3 days and they i removed remote power and restored it and the speakers all magically started working again without static/problems. its a 8 year old kenwood KAC6404.

Archived