Second Skin Audio

Enclosure For A Lvl 4 12

oh yea ill be having a blast!!! i got mine in the extended cab of my ford ranger:) kinda packed in there :lol:

ya. i dont want to take up the whole rear of my truck, if it was a ranger, that's different, cuz the side seats suck! but my seats are somewhat nice and my friends are always needing a ride... maybe oen day I'll do 2 12"s back there but for now I just want 1 and I want it in the middle because the side looks out of place and takes up a seat.. :/

here i'll draw a quick diagram if anyone thinks it can help

I want the sub to have enough cubes to get loud and sound good but fit inbetween the seats.

Heres the diagram. Tell me if it's enough. If you have to go above 17.5 in its fine as long as it doesnt go too far above the window.

boxdesign1.jpg

boxdesign2.jpg

**EDIT** Going to be running 1000w RMS @ 1 ohm

Edited by sInIstIr

Have you thought about putting sub and port up. I know people who have had decent luck with sub forward but they had buckets. Also do you just want DC's recommended enclosure specs or you wanting it bigger? 1000 watts rms I'd say doing between 1.5 and 2.0 but its up to you. BTW with your dimensions you got about 2.9cuft with out sub and port displacement.

Rebuild coming soon

Have you thought about putting sub and port up. I know people who have had decent luck with sub forward but they had buckets. Also do you just want DC's recommended enclosure specs or you wanting it bigger? 1000 watts rms I'd say doing between 1.5 and 2.0 but its up to you. BTW with your dimensions you got about 2.9cuft with out sub and port displacement.

thank god a reply! hey do you have aim?

I want to go atliest 2.0. Because thats what DC reccomends. I've heard that sub forward port up is the best for a truck cab.

I was also just thinkign of saying fuck the slant and do just a straight box but i dont want to hit my seats and im adding braces for it to the floor so the box doesnt slide because I do 4x4 every now and then.

Will Sub up Port up be a good combo?? I want SPL but with some quality cuz i like my low lows :)

thank god a reply! hey do you have aim?

I want to go atliest 2.0. Because thats what DC reccomends. I've heard that sub forward port up is the best for a truck cab.

I was also just thinkign of saying fuck the slant and do just a straight box but i dont want to hit my seats and im adding braces for it to the floor so the box doesnt slide because I do 4x4 every now and then.

Will Sub up Port up be a good combo?? I want SPL but with some quality cuz i like my low lows :)

sub forward port up is the best for spl sq combo in a truck.. i have done alot of research.. unlucky for you amatt is taking a break with sub enclosure designs so your SOL. there are a couple other good box designers on this site and will be willing to help you im sure.. just dont be in such a hurry and do a decent build.. the designs will come just be patient

No i don't have aim.

I had 2 different s10 ext with two different systems. In both I tried all arrangements with ports an subs my best was both up. I mean there a lot of things that come into play. When you measured was someone sitting in the front seat. That was my noob mistake about 4 years ago I made the box and had it all installed and when someone would sit in the driver or passenger seat they'd be on the subs. So for the first week or so I sat with knees in the dash, then pulled it out and rebuilt.

Its up to you man let me see how narrow on depth you can go to still have sub forward and port up.

Rebuild coming soon

well i gave the measurements, in depth meaning (deep) i can be 20.5in - how tall the surround is - the surrounding ring - xmax

which im not quite sure on all of that but i want it to be atliest 2.0 cubes. I mean I want this thing to quake.

Also, I'm not being in a hurry, My sub isnt even here yet :))

Im patiently waiting for someone to get back to me and finally someone has gotten back to me, now I sit and wait for a good design to come along :)