Jump to content

Phoenix Gold XVR crossovers


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys,

This is my first post here.

I am getting back in car audio after nearly 15 years. I did a number of simple systems back in the day so I thought I would just start with a simple system to get my hands back into it. This will also allow me to get the sound deadening done and upgrade the electrics before I step up to a more complex system.

At this stage I am planning to use

NT1 tweeters

XTR 8" MB

KEF KAR crossovers (KX3)

NT 12 DVC (dual 4ohm)

NT200

XVR2

I realise these trimode systems are not that simple but I am hoping my tuneable KEF crossover along with the XVR will make the install less painful.

I was hoping one of you guys might be able to confirm the XVR setup. Mine is an XVR2 so my understanding is that I feed in the L and R channels from the amp. The XVR2 L and R output channels feed into my KEF crossovers then onto NT1 and XTR8s. The XVR2 sub output requires a 2 ohm load which I can get from my NT12 dual 4 ohm coils. Also does the amp see then a 2 or 4 ohm load ? I assume the crossover will convert the 2 ohm sub load to a 4 ohm load on the amp.

Am I missing anything ? I don't have the original manual for the XVR so any help here would be appreciated.

Also can anyone tell me if the NT200 will run in trimode ? That would obviously be a deal breaker if it can't. I have other amplifier options if needed.

Thanks for any help.

Robb

Robb

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1463 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...