Second Skin Audio

2003 dodge ram 4th console enclosure

I have a SSA xcon 12 with a hifonics (yeah, I know) brutus elite 2500.1d amp in a cummins (so I have two big batteries and rarely see under 14 volts while playing). Currently in a under seat box in the rear made by NET custom enclosure tuned to around 35hz if I remember correctly in a 2 cube gross enclosure. So net is probably close to 1.5ft3. It sounds clean but doesnt play much over or under 35hz and nothing is near as loud as it should be. I'm looking into doing a center console box without completely losing use of my center rear seat but still giving me much more options that under the seat. Best I have come up with is a 14in wide box that is 22in tall and 26in long on the bottom and 22in long on top. Giving someone some chance at straddling the box in the rear. Appx 3 cubes gross, but my problem comes with trying to plan the port, I was thinking I could do the sub rear facing om the slant and have the port either above or below and headed forward, giving me the most room to get length but having it so narrow worries me about velocity and port noise?

Archived