Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Enclosure ideas for K5 blazer


Chase53

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys, I picked up a K5 blazer recently (convertible top), and I've been trying to figure out what the best enclosure type/design/tuning would be best for it.

I've got 2 AQ SDC 2.5's in an 8.8cf box, single round port, tuned to 37hz. I loved this setup in my old Yukon, but its really not practical for the K5. It takes up all of my cargo area in the rear, and I use this truck for a lot of camping trips. I know these AQ's love airspace, so I may have to cut down to a single 15 if need be.

I've been toying with some down firing designs to try and maximize storage area, and I've heard they sound good with convertible tops, but I really don't know much about them.

What do you guys think my best option would be? Ported? bandpass? Ported down firing? I'll be building it myself, not buying prefab.

When in doubt, throttle out

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3202 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...