Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box design help for an incriminator audio 15


2000TACO

Recommended Posts

Posted

I need help designing an enclosure for a death row 15,

My max dimensions are:

37.5 wide

16.5 tall

16.5 deep

I did a box design on Torres with these dimensions:

image_zpsbf6da34c.jpg

This is how I wanted it built,

image_zps2ed8f045.jpg

I really want the port like that because I want it to blow between my front seats. Right here...

image_zps4c7d8b1e.jpg

The sub will be firing foward behind the passenger seat and will have a 12"x12" plexiglass window on the passenger side of the box. My questions are:

Will the port being shaped like it is, restrict the flow/overall loudness and sound of the box?

Will the port length even work like that?

Do my specs on Torres look right?

From what I understand, The port wil have 2 bends in it, one going back depth wise, then bending down the back side of the box, then back inward to the front baffle to get the whole 28 inches of port length. Am I right or am I not understanding how this works?

Edit: can someone use sketch up and throw something together for a general idea? And maybe throw in the length of each bend for the port? I really don't want to screw this up...

loganberry, on 17 October 2009 - 11:39 PM, said:

on the lows it sounds like a 90 year old vagina flapping in the wind

JayP, on 10 June 2010 - 4:53 AM, said:

Your truck looks like a prostitute gave the car a blow job with starburst in it's mouth.

Posted

Another question, the way the port is built in the box, will the few inches on the drivers side of the box on the far side of the port affect anything?

loganberry, on 17 October 2009 - 11:39 PM, said:

on the lows it sounds like a 90 year old vagina flapping in the wind

JayP, on 10 June 2010 - 4:53 AM, said:

Your truck looks like a prostitute gave the car a blow job with starburst in it's mouth.

Posted

Just realized the won't work with that tuning, but I want it tuned low, does anyone have an idea of how I could build the port to come out right there and still be around 33hz

loganberry, on 17 October 2009 - 11:39 PM, said:

on the lows it sounds like a 90 year old vagina flapping in the wind

JayP, on 10 June 2010 - 4:53 AM, said:

Your truck looks like a prostitute gave the car a blow job with starburst in it's mouth.

Posted

Wait is the physical port length the actual length of pieces of wood made up for the port bends??

loganberry, on 17 October 2009 - 11:39 PM, said:

on the lows it sounds like a 90 year old vagina flapping in the wind

JayP, on 10 June 2010 - 4:53 AM, said:

Your truck looks like a prostitute gave the car a blow job with starburst in it's mouth.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4542 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...