android phone + Torque + obd2 bluetooth plug = gas mileage calculator and 1000 other things.

Same except I use a iphone with DashCommand. $10 app, $20 wifi obd2 connector and you can read codes, get quite a few different readings, and purchase more capabilities if you need them.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

android phone + Torque + obd2 bluetooth plug = gas mileage calculator and 1000 other things.

Same except I use a iphone with DashCommand. $10 app, $20 wifi obd2 connector and you can read codes, get quite a few different readings, and purchase more capabilities if you need them.

This is quite cheaper...I like haha. What obd2 wifi connector do you have?

How does yours work in terms of connectivity? I went the iphone route and keep running into the problem where I'm still connected to my home wifi as I'm leaving and it takes 30 seconds or so before I'm far enough away and it switches to the OBDII wifi. Even then, the DashCommand doesn't like to auto connect right away and I have to manual go in and click 'connect'.

I usually just go to wifi settings and pick the network. My iPhone is Jailbroken so wifi settings are directly in my notification center which makes it quicker.

Do you connect to wifi, then open the app and it just connects? What's your "auto reconnect" set to in options?

Oh and lucky betch - my phone lost service and before verizon would replace SIM card, etc they required a restore. Ended up being the SIM card, but the reset forced me to iOS 7.1.2 and don't think there's a jailbreak yet :(

Archived