Second Skin Audio

orion hcca 10.4 port size help/opinion 1cubic ft box

fufhubbin

I just bought an orion hcca 10.4 sub and i have a hifonics bxi 2600rms amp.

im going to have the sub wired to 2ohms and at that load the amp is pusing 1700rms

orions user manual says the box should be 1 cubic ft about. that is how big its suppose to be before any displacement. so i build a 1 cubic foot box. but im confused on the port size its saying cut 4 pieces for the port and they are all pretty small. so i have 2 that are 4x11 inches and 2 that are 2.5x 11 inches and i glued and nailed it together . i havent put the port in yet im going to cut out a spot for it and glue and nail it in but i just feel like thats a small ass port. buts thats what is says on their website. i usually see vents that are like the entire hieght of the box and about 2 inches wide this 1 is incredably small and its suppose to have it tuned at 35 hz also the specs it says to build the box seem pretty freaking small also 1 cubic foot for a sub thats 1500 rms. any opinions??

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

basically what they are doing is going with a square port with what looks to be a 1:1 ratio. In other words if the port is 4" tall it is also 4" wide. Its basically like using a round port only it is round in this case.

You could go to a sloted port with it, just some things would have to be recalculated. that said, youd need to build a bigger box too. The reason youd have to go bigger with the box is because your port (if going slotted) would take up more volume inside the box.

Archived