choosing my mids and highs

LemonyGuy

I recently got an ab vfl 350.4 and I was thinking about using the front channels for my front mids and highs, and the rear channels for mid bass. I'm wondering what 6.5 components can take the power that the amp puts out. I really just want to do one set of 6.5s but if price wise or sq wise it's better to go with 2 sets and build door pods I can do that. I want to use the amps power. Other thing is what mid bass drivers should I get? I can either put them in the stock 6x9 spot or make the a mount in the rear door, which would be better? Budget can be flexible but ideally I want to keep the speakers under 200-250 but if necessary I will save up.

Edit time- Been looking at 6.5s and Mid bass drivers, I'm ganna need way more budget room, I was thinking this for the mid bass http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43799_MTX-RTX88.html Only problem being the 8 ohm but I'm not sure if there is a 4 ohm equivalent to it. Assuming that the MTX looks good then my real problem is I can't decide on the 6.5 problem. I think I want to do 2 sets in each door but I'm not sure what to get. I need some help fellas.

Archived