Second Skin Audio

dbxi 12 enclosure

Matt Keys

right, i generally read this forum, so thought its about time i made contact with you wise bunch....

so, i have a earthquake dbxi-12, which is a single 4ohm, now a friend of mine has two dbxi-12s and there dual 4 ohms,

now i don't know if to drop the single coil dbxi in my brothers car, and purchase my mates dual coil ones, or just to run the single one in my car.

so what kind of sizes and tuning am i looking for, a rough measurement in the boot i have 22" high, 20" wide and 20" deep, altho there is slight movement on the 20" deep mark, but can only sacrifice maybe an inch or two there.

so im looking for low and loud, but don't want it to be non playable at normal listening volumes. and become muddy

for now as i sold my jbl gto-14001 as i suspect i had a fault. i have my one sub on the kac-9104d which puts out 500w @ 4ohms and 900w @ 2 ohms and slightly more at 1ohm,

not sure what the us is like for picking up 4 ohm amps with decent wattage but the best amp thats a reasonable amount of money is the 14001, which is what i bought but like i say i believe it was faulty, as the 500w kenwood amp sounds louder and bassier then the 1200w from the jbl

so obviously i have enough box size for two of these, and id get better output and the amp will be cheaper to push 2ohm rather then 4ohm

mainly just want to know box size tuning and anything else i should think of

cheers guys

Archived