Second Skin Audio

What kind of wire should be used inside a sub box?

Hey guys, what do you think would be the best gauge of wire to use inside a sub box to connect 2 15" Kicker Comp Rs to the terminals in the box? I'm going to be running them at about 2400W RMS, and using 10 gauge wire to connect the amp to the terminals on the outside of the box. Does using smaller wire inside the box worsen the quality/output a lot? What is your favorite method of connecting the wires in the box to the speakers and the terminals? I was thinking of soldering the wire to the terminals inside the box and clipping it onto the speakers. What do you guys think? Thanks for the advice. :drink40:

Hey guys, what do you think would be the best gauge of wire to use inside a sub box to connect 2 15" Kicker Comp Rs to the terminals in the box? I'm going to be running them at about 2400W RMS, and using 10 gauge wire to connect the amp to the terminals on the outside of the box. Does using smaller wire inside the box worsen the quality/output a lot? What is your favorite method of connecting the wires in the box to the speakers and the terminals? I was thinking of soldering the wire to the terminals inside the box and clipping it onto the speakers. What do you guys think? Thanks for the advice. :drink40:

If you're using 10 gauge on the outside, don't go smaller on the inside. Use at least that 10 gauge on the inside also. Heck, if you can fit 8 gauge on the amp inputs I'd use it on everything, overkill is not a bad thing. But 10 gauge everywhere wouldn't give you any problems.

Archived