Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Building System in Peugeot 206


Ben Sparkes

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey.

So I'm currently running a fairly basic aftermarket install in the car.

We have a EDGE Single 12" Active 300wRMS sub

Front speakers are also edge component speakers, about 200w rating or smth

and our headunit is a Pioneer, 4 channel (no rca's) 4x50w (we're running the sub of a speaker cable to rca adapter, which seems to work fairly well.

The system sounds good atm but we wanna get some headroom in terms of volume, so, we (my dad and I) decided it would be cool to make our own sub, enclosure and amp.

Amp:

So the amp I really have no idea about. Well, that's a lie. I know how to set the gain and running the wires etc, the only worries I have is that the sub is a 1000w RMS dual 2ohm. I have no experience with dual voice coils so we will need some help on that, aswell as the sub being 1000w, so are we gonna need a 1500w rms amp? Or what?

Also, I was wondering if we would need a new alternator, battery, wiring (big 3), all of which are stock at the moment.

Sub:

So the sub I mentioned above is the one I was referring to above, here. We live in the UK so we need to get one over here. Anyway, if anyone has experience with this sub or knows of a better one about the same price range I will be willing to have a look. And I'm not sure whether we wanna run 2 or 1 yet :/ 2 might get quite expensive but I think it's gonna be worth it if any one can tell me what spl that would get. (Roughly)

Enclosure:

So the enclosure I truly have no idea about.

On the link above it says that the Fs of the sub is 23.6hz, so is that what I need to tune the box to or not? How would I go about tuning it? What size box am I gonna need? What do we wanna make it out of?

I was also thinking about running some of the SMD meters. Volt meter, db/clipping meter and maybe the temperature meter too, if we need it. And we're also gonna have to get them shipped to the UK too, hopefully that wont be a problem.

Thanks,

Ben

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4973 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...