Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Suggestions for 2 Lvl 3 12's enclosure


Tropkins

Recommended Posts

Posted

Alright.. So here goes

I am a Forum scrub so bear with me..lol

I know I can find everything I need to know already regarding recommended volumes and tuning and the like for these subs

my question is this..

Any suggestions on fitting a well tuned, ported enclosure for the lvl 3 12s in the hatch of a 2009 Aveo5 without

sacrificing the back seat.. the hatch area is not exactly "roomy"

Singer 200 will be put in soon, and I just picked up a Soundqubed 2200, Big 3 is already done, will be putting a couple XS XP750's in the Spare tire well

and I have an XS D1200 under the hood, as well as Ideas for my mids and highs sound stage...

my only major concern left regarding this project is my enclosure

Currently they are Installed in a 2 cubic Ft box (meets displacement with the the subs inverted)

that box is pretty small already.. and as you can see it already takes up quite a bit of room..

So to cut to the chase.. Any Ideas/Input regarding how to use this space would be greatly appreciated.. See pic below

20140824_133936.jpg

Thank you in advance for any advice/ideas

Posted

Kindly post the max dimensions you have to work with??

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Kindly post the max dimensions you have to work with??

lol my bad -_-

Base is 34 inches W x 19 inches D and accounting for angle of the seat the top is 34 inches W x 12.5 inches D with a height of 20 inches

thast is the grand total of usable space while keeping the setup at the level of the back seat. need to use this space for mounting the

2200 and my 4 channel as well (currently Using an MBquart onyx 4.60.. but that will be replaced)

Posted

You could try this out

2level312s_zps802e77f2.png

Amps can be mounted at the back of the chair/box where the slant is. With that space sub up port up is the most suitable.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Awesome.. yea.. this might work nicely.. it will be a while before I get to building it. Going to get pretty much everything else done with my install first... ill post results though.. and thank you!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9004 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...