Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2 Obsidian 18 Enclosure Check


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello all,

I am new to the forum, but I am a long time reader.

Over the past few days I have been playing around with Torres designing a box for 2 OA 18s and I was hoping someone could look over the box specs in case I am going about this wrong. I appreciate any help.

If it helps my system is in an '05 Suburban and the system is:

-2 OA d4 18s

-brx2000.1d

-JL jx360/4

-JL jk360/2

-2 pair of 6.5" infinity kappas

-1 pair of re audio xxx 6.5" components

-xs power 3400

-mechman 250 amp alt

-all knu 0 gauge wire

-the box is as follows-

~~~~BOX DESIGN~~~~

-------BOX------

Box Height: 30''

Box Width: 44''

Box Depth: 30''

-------PORT------

Port Height: 8''

Port Width: 22''

Port Length: 34''

Length of External Port: 0''

Physical Port Length: 24.50''

Number of Extra Baffles: 0

Baffle Thickness: ''

Baffle Displacement: 0 ft³

Sub Displacement: 0.5 ft³

Bracing Displacement: 0 ft³

Gross Volume: 17.30 ft³

Port Volume: 4.34 ft³

Port Area Per Cube: 14.67 in²

Port Area: 176.00 in²

Net Volume: 12.46 ft³

Tuning Frequency: 28.41 Hz

Subs up, port back, the entire box is 1.5" thick, even the port.

Is this a good port design? I'm afraid if its too long...

Posted

Search "dual obsidian audio 18s box help", zoe x deigned me a box for my tahoe. I love the way it sunds, very good on the lows

THE DRIVING FORCE

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 604 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...