Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Help calculating a box.


Genesis730

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am trying to build a box for 1 15" Incriminator Audio Flatlyne and it's not a well known subwoofer so I'm having trouble finding information or builds / feedback on it.

I'm waning to build a ported (aero or slot port, haven't decided) and am trying to figure the dimensions. Based on the driver specs and various sites, I've calculated that the box should be between 4 ft3 - 9 ft3...

After posting a question about this earlier I got a few responses and one member (islandpride684) directed me to an IA forum page where they have posted recommended box sizes.

Flatlyne Series

15" DVC2 & DVC4 ohm

closed 42.5 - 56.6 liter

open 85 liter

- which translates to -

15" DVC2 & DVC4 ohm

closed 1.5 ft3 - 2 ft3

ported 3 ft3

With all that said, my question is does 3 ft3 sound anywhere close to reasonable or accurate for a ported box for a 15" sub?

Any input or experience in the area would be awesome because this isn't making sense to me and I just want know that the box is going to work before i start cutting! Thanks again!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5316 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...