Jump to content

New Build Crossover Question


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm building a boom box for a JVC KW-HDR81BT and my iPhone connected to its internal DAC via USB cable, I have a Pyle Audio PLAD618 power amp, I will be using a 10" Subwoofer bridged to Ch5/Ch6 out of the amp, 2 woofers, 2 mid range speakers and 2 tweeters, The JVC HU is built in internal active crossover, I believe a 2-way, the amp is built in 3-way active crossover.

1- Should I combine HU and Amp crossovers or set the HU one to full range and use only the Amp crossover, Note that SW ch of the HU cannot be set to full range it can be set to LPF or cancel mode, in that case should I combine LPF for both HU and Amp or cancel SW ch and connect only Front/Rear channels and let the amp extract the Sub ch from them?

2- Lets say that the drivers operate in the following ranges (Just as an example) SUB up to 90Hz, Woofer 90Hz-500Hz, MID 500Hz-3KHz, and tweeter 3KHz and over, A.F.A.I.K crossover limits only the lows in HPF mode and the highs in LPF mode how do I set the middle channels woofer (90Hz-500Hz) and MID (500Hz-3KHz), in other words how do I trim off both sides of the frequency spectrum knowing that the crossover trims only one side, the upper side or the lower side?

3- Obviously I will need a passive crossover as I have only 3-way active crossover and 4 drivers, what is the best location for the passive crossover? between woofer and mid range or between mid range and tweeter?

Can someone go over my concerns and enlighten me, I'm no expert and realy need help to build my boom box.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 875 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...