Jeff4661 Posted December 9, 2014 Report Posted December 9, 2014 Ok I am helping a friend build a box for a Fi BL fully loaded D2 ohm that is going to be run off of a SQ2200 in the back of a jeep Cherokee Bcs he has kinda a space preference I came up with this box design (external measurements) The plan is sub up, port back Hight-18" Width-29" Length-20" Now here is the math I got I estimated that I'd have .5 cubes for bracing and adding the sub Port would be a 6" piece of pvc 10" long flared on the inside Giving me a net volume of 4.19 cubes after all displacement and a end tuning of 35.55 Hz Is this enough port for 4.19 cubes? Any other thoughts on this design? Feel free to chime in Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted December 9, 2014 Author Report Posted December 9, 2014 Apologies for the double post.. I'm doing this off my smartphone Feel free to delete the double Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Cj Kumz Posted December 9, 2014 Report Posted December 9, 2014 You have not specified what driver size you have but I'll assume its a 15 due to the box you shooting for. A 6" port will give you around 28sq in of port area which is way too small for that sub, I bet you'll have port noise. Would suggest you see if you have more space for a bigger box then use 2 6" ports for better air flow. Also I would recommend a double baffle on that sub on top of the bracing. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Jeff4661 Posted December 9, 2014 Author Report Posted December 9, 2014 You have not specified what driver size you have but I'll assume its a 15 due to the box you shooting for. A 6" port will give you around 28sq in of port area which is way too small for that sub, I bet you'll have port noise. Would suggest you see if you have more space for a bigger box then use 2 6" ports for better air flow. Also I would recommend a double baffle on that sub on top of the bracing. I was planning on a double baffle but that's about all of the space he can give up.. (I pushed him to get a 12 but he bought the 15) what can I do for port then? 2 4" areos?? What would u suggest? Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted December 9, 2014 Author Report Posted December 9, 2014 How about 3 4" areos 15" long that would give me 9.45per cube an still be tuned to 35hz? Or am I thinking wrong? Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted December 9, 2014 Author Report Posted December 9, 2014 5 cf tuned to 34 fi n2 15 This is going in a jeep Cherokee but he is keeping his spare inside... Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted December 9, 2014 Author Report Posted December 9, 2014 What about 2 5" areos 15" long.. still gives me 35hz an 4 cubes Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Cj Kumz Posted December 9, 2014 Report Posted December 9, 2014 Yes a 12 would have worked out better. Two 4" ports actually has less area than 1 6". Maybe you could get away with 3 4" ports giving you 37sq in but still low for that sub Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
la negra Posted December 9, 2014 Report Posted December 9, 2014 This is going in a jeep Cherokee but he is keeping his spare inside... i know bro but just wanted to share.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.