Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 I know how to wire speakers/subs in parellel. But I am not sure about how to do it for tweeters. I think the inline crossover throw me off. Would you use both crossovers still? If someone could post or draw a picture that would be amazing!
moredbs Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 you can wire them however you like,just match them to the power they are rated for,and to what the amp can provide.if your amp does 100 rms x2 at 2ohms,and you have 4 4ohm tweets that do 50 rms a piece,then wire them parallel at 2 ohms.
KenSchoen Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 Do not wire two tweeters to a crossover design for only 1. The change in ohm loads alters the frequencies cut out by the crossover. Depending on tweeter and crossover in question as well as the power you are dealing with...they can either sound like total garbage or ruin the tweeters.
Guest Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 Do not wire two tweeters to a crossover design for only 1. The change in ohm loads alters the frequencies cut out by the crossover. Depending on tweeter and crossover in question as well as the power you are dealing with...they can either sound like total garbage or ruin the tweeters. Good thing I am going to run them active! lol
KenSchoen Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 Indeed!! I thought you mentioned an in line crossover. If its active then yeah no worries.
Guest Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 Indeed!! I thought you mentioned an in line crossover. If its active then yeah no worries. Oh sorry, yeah my plans changed lol
KenSchoen Posted January 14, 2015 Report Posted January 14, 2015 Indeed!! I thought you mentioned an in line crossover. If its active then yeah no worries. Oh sorry, yeah my plans changed lol Glad to hear it. Yeah I've thought about going active and getting some more highs. Seems like sometimes they get lost in the music. Also thought about just running two sets of component's.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.