Sundown Audio

Looking for a new amp for my new car

matt-man

So I need a new amp now that I have a new car. The only practical place for the amp to live is under the passenger seat. There's just one problem, it needs to be no wider than 9 inches to clear the seat rails. With that said, what is best for me? It will be pushing 2 Alpine Type R's at 4ohms each. I would like an amp that will also so the true potential of the subs and not just a little bit.

2003 Kia Sedona A.K.A Bob

2 Alpine Type-R 12's @ 2Ohm

Pyramid Audio PB3818 @ 2Ohm

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

alrite, well for rated rms to those subs you'll need an amp that does 2000 watts at 1 ohm. Why is under the pass seat the only place that will work?

The drivers seat has all of the electric motors for the power seat. The passenger seat is manual so it doesn't have the motors. As for the rear seat, there is no room between the bottom of the seat and the trans tunnel. It's a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

what about the seatback of the rear seats?

The interior is in perfect shape so I would prefer not to drill any holes into the back of the seat unless if was my only option

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

gotchya. Well first off, do you have any electrical upgrades, Big 3? new alt? extra batts? because you won't even be able to make 2k without some upgrades

As of now, no. But I do plan to do the big 3 then either a bigger batt or a secondary one within the next month or two

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

Archived