Sundown Audio

Looking for a new amp for my new car

matt-man

gotchya. Well first off, do you have any electrical upgrades, Big 3? new alt? extra batts? because you won't even be able to make 2k without some upgrades

I'm buying all Sky High cable for this build and if I have any $ left over, I'll go ahead and do the big 3 right away

2003 Kia Sedona A.K.A Bob

2 Alpine Type-R 12's @ 2Ohm

Pyramid Audio PB3818 @ 2Ohm

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

ok. thats good to hear, it takes power to make power. this is a small amp thatll do 2k with solid voltage... http://taramps.com.br/en/site/?p=produto&id=261

i didnt feel like converting the metric measurements to inches, but its on the page and u can do it. my guess is it will fit. don't be fooled by the small size, they do rated power. its just different technology than the korean boards.

Also, i'd check out sundown, cresendo and DC, and hell, why not alpine. not sure if they will fit tho.

If you've got mad money to spend, u could go with 2 jl hd 1200s and stack then under the seat.

Just some ideas.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

ok. thats good to hear, it takes power to make power. this is a small amp thatll do 2k with solid voltage... http://taramps.com.br/en/site/?p=produto&id=261

i didnt feel like converting the metric measurements to inches, but its on the page and u can do it. my guess is it will fit. don't be fooled by the small size, they do rated power. its just different technology than the korean boards.

Also, i'd check out sundown, cresendo and DC, and hell, why not alpine. not sure if they will fit tho.

If you've got mad money to spend, u could go with 2 jl hd 1200s and stack then under the seat.

Just some ideas.

That amp is 1/32 too big. It MIGHT fit, but I don't want to spend a decent amount of money on an amp only to find out that I can't use it.

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

Just some ideas.

That amp is 1/32 too big. It MIGHT fit, but I don't want to spend a decent amount of money on an amp only to find out that I can't use it.

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

sealed or ported? and you might as well buy a cheaper 1k amp, work on your electrical, and spend your money on a custom ported enclosure built specifically for those subs. if its a prefab ported, i'd take it out back and burn it. no bullshit. a properly built enclosure on half power will sound better than a prefab enclosure on twice the power.

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

sealed or ported? and you might as well buy a cheaper 1k amp, work on your electrical, and spend your money on a custom ported enclosure built specifically for those subs. if its a prefab ported, i'd take it out back and burn it. no bullshit. a properly built enclosure on half power will sound better than a prefab enclosure on twice the power.

It's a prefabbed ported. I wish I had the cash to shell out on a custom box, but I don't

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

well, instead of shelling out cash on an amp that will do rated to your subs, or quite possibly 2 amps that will do rated to your subs. you'd be better off spending your money on a custom ported enclosure. You can ask anyone on here, the enclosure is arguably the most important part of the install.

to put into perspective. if you run those subs on 1000-1200 watts, and you listen to them, then you double the power to them and listen again, you will, in an ideal world, see a 2 to 3 decibel increase. 3 db is when the ear can tell a difference in loudness. So imo, youd be better off getting a properly built and tuned enclosure. you seem like a do it yourselfer and there are a ton of people on here who can help you design an enclosure. If you don't wanna design and built it yourself, there are a ton of people and or places that will do it for you. prefabs are often tuned way to high, and you'll be missing that lower bass range that sounds and feels incredible. My friend has 2 type rs in a prefab, and my other friend has 1 in a custom tuned and built enclosure, and not only is the 1 in the custom box louder, it sounds infinitely better.

But seriously, consider getting a good enclosure man, it'll make a whole lot more difference than 2k vs 1k. also, with 1k you won't need much more than a big 3 if you're alt is decent.

just my .02

thats just my 2 cents.

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

I'm only planning on putting the 12's in, some much better door speakers, and a head unit. I have the 12's and the head unit is on it's way. This will by no means be a high performance system, but I don't mind

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

Archived