Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

two sa15 on saz2500 this box good? enough port area?


blkvenm2001

Recommended Posts

Posted

i can do 6.04 cubes for 2 sa 15s at 33 hz 90 sq in of port or 14.9 per....i'd have to invert them that way. Going to be running an saz2500 on them...possibly at .5 ohm (havn't decided) so there's plenty of power on tap. I can also do 6.06 cubes at 34.5 hz 90 sq in of port or 14.06 per and I wouldn't have to invert them this way. Last but not least I can do 35.23 hz in 6.21 cubes 90 sq in of port o 13.74 sq in per. I'm working with limite space in a 03 focus hatch...I don't wanna take the back seats out it's my daily driver I don't wanna go with one sa15 and I don't wanna do sa12s unless I HAVE TO. I've been told this is too small but I've seen several other people running theirs in 6-6.5 cubes with great results ecspecially with this kinda power on tap. They also say 3-4 cubes per on the site...I figure stay toward the 3 number on decent amounts of power going to them. On that last one tuned to 35 I could invert and have 6.55 net cubes also. I think this will be fine with the power i'm running my only worry is the port area...is it enough? can someone please chime in. I read on another forum a guy had his two sa15 in 6 cubes net at 34-35 and he said it played music well from 25 up to 70 where he has his filter set. They will be subs up port up slot port. I've tried aeros and I'd rather not do those I had trouble making it work in my space to a tuning i liked and enough port area etc. thanks!


michael


Posted

That space is on the low side if you want extended output. Being closer to 3 cubes per sub is more on the average sq but closer to 4 cubes will give you better low end extension. Personally with that kinda space I would go with 3 12s. With 3 12s you will have a little less cone area than 2 15s but you will have more motor force and you will have the subs in a box with adequate space that will allow you to get a good low end extension.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

For the port area you can use this www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31 (assuming you reaching the input xmax)

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3117 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...