rockFord_Expedition's Rebuild (Old School RF, SMD/D'Amore, CE Auto Electric, DC Power, XS Power, SHCA) lots of pics inside

Well I am a little bummed because I can't find the pics I was looking for. I mounted the subs using t-nuts and bolts. Theres a total of 3 1" layers of MDF on the top, 1 is just countersink the subs and the other 2 provide meat for the subs to mount to. The bottom of those layers is cut just a bit smaller than the other to give the bols/t-nuts more to bite into further from the edge of the cut.

this a RF build. you just need a RF deck

HA! I would love to have one of those old copper chassis RF decks that didn't even have a built in amp, just rca outs.

Deck is a Pioneer double din.

Deck with the face removed and the OM-1's in place. Wanted to mount them this way so I could keep the rear plates in tact since they are signed by the man.

20141120_122137_zps5dprwsex.jpg

A shot of the mounting bolts used so you know what I was talking about. This was before it was finished and the wires aren't cleaned up yet. The crappy Wal-Mart wire is only used for sending signal to the the OM-1's and VM'1 which is reading voltage at the distro block.

20150128_122602_zpsd2gloru3.jpg

Part of this rear section is higher than the other so I had to build a false floor to give the enclosure a level surface. Again I was faced with the challenge of securing MDF to the floor and this time had to account for a gap. It worked out perfect since this gave me a spot to hide wires and fusing etc. Yes, that is the remote wire for a bass knob, no I am not using it. It isn't even plugged in.

20150128_123521_zpsp4t8ml4k.jpg

Some whatchamicallits I made to give me something to bridge the gap between the metal and the false floor as well as something to bolt down.

20150128_123558_zpsrzwwnbie.jpg

20150128_123615_zps3xmkefp4.jpg

20150128_123651_zpswrdx2ruy.jpg

My goal is to wrap the enclosure in vinyl. I am unemployed right now so a few yards of vinyl isn't in the budget. I did have some paint left in a couple rattle cans so I painted the most visible parts of the box. I could have left the pics out that show it unpainted but I have nothing to hide and I am not trying to make anyone happy but me. The reason for the small gap between the false floor and the rear trim piece is because in this pic I was checking height and location for the bolt down spacers I made before I glued them to the bottom. It fit's flush.

20150130_120628_zps68gfaxjj.jpg

Archived