Cj Kumz Posted March 10, 2015 Author Report Posted March 10, 2015 I have been running a few random setups for the passed 1 month just to see what sounds louder to the ear (haven't metered any). I tried: 1. Two 300rms 12s with Xmax of 18mm 2. Two 640rms 12s with Xmax of 18mm 3. Single 1200rms 15 with Xmax 22mm 4. Single 1500rms 15 with Xmax 11.5mm The 12s were powered by 800rms and the 15s 1000rms. All tested in the same car, same sub and port positions, all in the recommended box sizes too. The VD (approx figures) on the 12s was more followed by the 1200rms 15. Output wise the 1200rms 15 was 1st followed by the 1500rms 15 then the 300rms 12s and the 600rms 12s. This proved what everyone said here about not just looking at vd or RMS figures to determine output. Seems the subs reaching full xmax on the given power were louder than those reaching half xmax. Though the 1500rms 15 still sounded louder than the 12s despite them having twice the vd.. Bass is an interesting thing to look at and I enjoy experimenting lol. Conclusion is that every t/s parameter is important and shouldn't be ignored (sometimes lol). Thanks for every1s input. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.