Jump to content

Mid and high range add-ons


Mustang2dakota

Recommended Posts

Posted

Looking to replace my stock speakers(finally) and add 2 more 6.5's and 2 more tweeters. I'm looking to put punch 6.5's and Rockford tweets. But my problem is that I don't know what to set the hp filter on the amp to. For example I know for subs the low pass is set to ~80hz, but what do I set the high pass for my tweets and midrange?

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

Posted

Set the HPF to whatever the lower end of the drivers frequency response is. It it prolly around 80-100Hz for a midbass and then around 3-4kHz for a tweeter.

Posted

Thanks for the help man, iv got all the pieces of the puzzle put together but for whatever reason I didn't know such a simple question.

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

Posted

It is all good man! We all have learning curves. I would also like to note that if the mid and tweeter you run come together in a component set, and you use the passive crossover, you simply just set the HPF for the mid. The passive crossover "sets" the tweeter HPF for you. Good luck!

Posted

Alright thanks, I have heard that's how it works,but thanks for the reassurance

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 890 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...