Second Skin Audio

need help making a sub box for my 2 15in planet audio's

Xxbrad401xX

Before someone else post this i will.

1. what car

2. how much space do you have

3.what amp/how much are you putting to it

4.what kind of box are you looking for (ported/sealed/tune?)

We cannot tell you anything if we are not given anything. Welcome to the forums.

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

no car aht the moment but mite be in the future so i do want to keep the box size ideal for fitting in one.

http://www.planetaudiousa.com/auto/car-audio-sound-system-auto-monoblock-amplifier-planet-audio-ac5000-1d/
this is the amp i have

and a ported box tuned to a decent lower level (dubstep)

and thanks for the welcoming lol

oh and im fairly well aht bulding things . and am willing to do w.e it takes to get the most out of the box

also money is allways tight but ill make it happin for sum gud bass

The bad thing about making a generic box means you'll get generic sound, and generic output. I would wait until you actually get a car to make a box, but that's just my .02. In the mean time you'll have plenty of time to learn more about box making and gather all the knowledge you can from these forums; Google is your friend.

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

The bad thing about making a generic box means you'll get generic sound, and generic output. I would wait until you actually get a car to make a box, but that's just my .02. In the mean time you'll have plenty of time to learn more about box making and gather all the knowledge you can from these forums; Google is your friend.

totally feel u on that and if i had the time i most definitely wud hold off on it and try and research as much as possible on it . im kinda in the predicament were the garage im going to use for the build is only going to be available to me for the following week or so cues im moving to a new apartment that has no garage . and also allready have a full sheet of 3/4 mdf that wud have no place in my new place lol

im actouly thinking about just making a box for 1 of my 15s which will save alot of head ach with the boxx size issue i kno that 17in in height wud be perfect and it can be 18 - 22 in deep and width is very flexible can be any were from 18 to 30 inches

i do perferibly want sumthin alot more advanced then just a regular ported box

Well im not one of the people on here the designs boxes for others, but be patient and they'll come. What I would do is ~3 cubes per sub with a simple slot port (you can do a removable port if you want to be more "advance") But since your still unsure how to design a box id stay with an ordinary slot port. Personally i like 33hz, but the dubstep that i listen to is mostly higher than that, so id say ~36hz. thats all i can really tell you without dimensions. Hope i was of some help.

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't build anything until you know what kind of vehicle it's going in.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Archived