LoudMS3's 2x12's Kerfport box, 3.5k

143.3db on 50% gain? Doesn't sound bad to me lol. Do you have a dd1 or oscope to set your gains? You box and build look good btw

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have anything to set my gains with currently but its on the list. First I need an Alt because this stupid stock one charges the car at low 13's at idle when not playing the system...

I've had mixed feelings about these woofers now that I have listened to them for awhile and I have been seriously considering getting a couple Sundown X-12's or Zv.4s since this box would be well built for them. But first I'm gonna build another box to what Orion recommends tuned to 38hz and see what kind of a difference it makes.

I've also been looking into 4 channel amps and looking at the specs of my JL jx360/4 its only good to 20k hz and I'm not taking advantage of my tweeters ability. I saw a JL slash series 300/4 on craigslist locally that I may go pick up just to play with what kind of difference it makes. Then I have a bass knob coming from DC and an equalizer so there will be some custom work coming.

If I were you I would first invest in a dd1. If your electrical system cannot handle what you have now then going up in power sure won't help it any. If it was me I'd get a dd1,new alt,and maybe build a new box with removable ports (add a lot of customization/allow you to play with tuning)

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

My electrical is good and with the addition of the alt I would be adding a second run of 1/0 to the rear batteries. I have a little over 300ah worth of battery power in the car and it will play all day but I'm looking for the increased voltage so that I can actually get the most out of this DC 3.5k and I will need every bit since these woofers are rated at a combined 5k rms. My personal theory is that I'm peaking so high because the car cant sustain power at those lower notes.

I could be entirely wrong about that but its my hypothesis and I'm sticking to it.

Next up though is to fiberglass these tweeter pods and this will be my first time with glass so fingers crossed.

20150327_2324021_zpsye2rgzu8.jpg

If you keep tuning in the mid to high 30s your gunna peak at 50 hz everytime.

Are you going for numbers or what?

Better question is.... what do you want to peak at?

03 Sable LS

AA mayhem 12" D2

Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Tantric HD 12" D2

Tantric SHD 12" D1

Sundown X12 V2 D2

2.5 cu net

Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm

XS Power XP2000

Sky High Sound Deadener

Sky High wire

Stock alt

This box that I have now is tuned to 32hz and is peaking at 50hz. Dont have any exact number I would like to peak at but around 40 would be nice.

If you tune to around 26 you might get what your looking for. mine did the same thing when I had a 32 hz port and it was so much better at 26.

03 Sable LS

AA mayhem 12" D2

Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Tantric HD 12" D2

Tantric SHD 12" D1

Sundown X12 V2 D2

2.5 cu net

Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm

XS Power XP2000

Sky High Sound Deadener

Sky High wire

Stock alt