Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Will this be feasible/port placement


Derrikm

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am going to be getting one of the golf sportwagens once they come out and am thinking about walling it off with 8 10" woofers. But I also plan on bagging the vehicle. Since they aren't out yet and I can't get measurements I've read that the cargo area will be about 30.4 cubic feet with seats up which is something I am wanting to keep. I am thinking of giving the woofers about 1.7-2.0 cubic feet each with a port at the top of the box firing over the rear seats. Equipment going in will be 2 arc audio 2500.1, 8 DAD BD 10s, 5 stinger 1200 batteries also have an xs power up front currently in my tahoe can't remember the size off the top of my head. Currently thinking of having the batteries on a steel frame hidden behind the amps on the rack above the air tanks which will be plexi'd off. Will likely try and shoot for a tuning of 28-32 hz and not really concerned about numbers honestly as long as it sounds good. May try and do some competitions but may try and hide an 8" somewhere (maybe console or do something with the middle seat) if needed to be able to do some sq competitions since that is what I used the tahoe for and have the front stage equipment for it. Basically question I'm curious about is what will I gain/lose with a port at the top of the wall compared to driverside or will there be any difference?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5219 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...