Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Cutout sheet/box design help


xarozorax

Recommended Posts

Posted

So, my story starts a little while ago, when I decided I wanted to do a blowthrough in my '92 S10 with two Kicker CVR 124's, specifically a 4th order bandpass. My issue lies in that I fried my computer about a month ago, and am thus having to do all calculations by hand.

I've got just about everything calculated out that I'll need, I just need someone to run the numbers so I can get a cutout sheet because that's unnecessarily arduous to do on paper.

I'll leave the numbers I've got here in hopes that someone might be kind enough to help a guy out.

Vf = 107.81 L (3.807 cu ft)

Vr = 53.45 L (1.887 cu ft)

Dv = 44.45 cm (17.5 in)

Av = 240.5 sq in

Lv = 85.72 cm (33.748 in)

Dd approx. = .18 cu ft

; where

Vf = Net volume of vented chamber

Vr = Net volume of sealed chamber

Dv = vent diameter

Av = internal cross-sectional area of vent

Lv = vent length

Dd = driver displacement (both drivers summed)

External size constraints, etc:

Bed width (internal) = 53"

Distance from back of cab to front of wheel well = 20"

Wheel well width = 8.5"

Wheel well height = 9"

Available height to cut from bed approx. = 13.25"

Driver cutout diameter = 11"

Finally, I plan on using 3/4" MDF, with a (preferably) rectangular vent into the cab.

Again, all the thanks in the world to anyone who takes the time to help me with this. If any further information is needed, just ask and I shall do my darndest to provide.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 3316 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...