Second Skin Audio

need help to design a ported enclosure

mike-g

Hello,my post on using win isd to figure enclosure got no response, so I'll try it a different way.I'm a newbie and can't figure what's best setup.if some one could help please it would be appreciated.I'm needing somebody to please model the and give their 2cents I've done it myself, but don't understand what would fit the sub's the best, sq,deep bass,ect..my current box is sealed at 2.7-2.8 divided @49hz per winisd.if I went with the max 1.75 per manufacturer and winisd says it would drop tuning to low 40's would it make a difference if I built the max sealed, would It sound better,or would ported be better.I want to build a ported but I want to do it right,and want slot ported in a Buick park ave trunk.I'm rebuilding because I made it to tall (rookie mistake) and can't place against the rear seat facing the back of trunk,so thought I'd try something different. Max L ,33", H,14"-14.5", and D is whatever's needed.any help will greatly be appreciated. Max ported is 2 cuff per subwoofer not including port area and displacement(0.075) I think.the t/s are on my other post (using win isd to determine for 2 pioneer ect) thanks agian for any help or suggestions

Archived