Second Skin Audio

car audio ?'s

eastwood

IDK about everybody else but I would play it safe on that 70amp stock alternator and stay on a 4 ohm load on the amp. The reason why you have to

make sure all the other electronics in the car is getting enough amp's as well and plus you are looking at a huge voltage drop on current even with

2 batt's.

Then he might as well turn the bass up on the HU and not even get an amp and sub.
or just saved up for another high current alternator :unknw:
He'll be OK with for a while as long as he doesn't turn it all the way up for a long time. My HO alt won't be in my truck until next week and I been riding with a bc3500 at .5 ohm for a couple weeks without a problem. He just had to watch his voltage and take it easy.

Not bad advice, but to know exactly what "taking it easy" actually means, may not be common knowledge for everyone.

OP, I will also add that its no secret that it takes power to make power. So no matter what amp you hook up, it could even be a 10.0k, your electrical can only support so much power. If you know for a fact that a bigger alt isn't in your future, I would go with a smaller amp unless you really know what you are doing.

Although upgrading your alternator will def solve your electrical issue for this setup, it is not a cheap upgrade. So, I know you said you were set on getting those sundown subs, but if you reconsidered that and picked two subs that would work well on a 1000wrms amp, then a simple agm battery should definitely suffice and you would be fine with the factory alt! Just an option to consider, not saying you have to do it!

Don't really want a another battery in the back. Will probably just get a mechman alt and the yellow top up front. What does anybody think about 2 separate boxes in the trunk? Car is a 96 corolla that I use for going to work. Don't think a 4 ft cu box will fit and still have access to my spare tire. Would definitely like the box to be removeable. 2 - 2 cu ft boxes sound dumb?

Don't really want a another battery in the back. Will probably just get a mechman alt and the yellow top up front. What does anybody think about 2 separate boxes in the trunk? Car is a 96 corolla that I use for going to work. Don't think a 4 ft cu box will fit and still have access to my spare tire. Would definitely like the box to be removeable. 2 - 2 cu ft boxes sound dumb?

Its not ideal, but if each box was built right, I think it would perform about the same. Not sure what advantage you are looking to achieve by doing that though. Also, I would not worry about the spare tire that much; you could build the sub box so you can take it out of the trunk easily if you need to access the spare.

I just want to be able to remove the box. Trunk opening is pretty small. Don't think a 4 ft box could be built outside the car and then fit in through the trunk.if it was built inside I couldn't get it out to get to the spare. My current jl slot ported box barely fits through the opening. Plenty of room once it's in though. It measures 16×18×32. Was told it's around 2.5 cu ft

Hmm....well if the box you want has to be built inside the trunk....then you are left to chose between either ditching your spare or going with a smaller box.

To Rockford expidition- so if I also put in a 100x4 amp for the door speakers I would have 1900 watts total. 1900/.7 is 2714. Half it is 1350. 1350/13.8 is 97.82. Plus 60 to run other stuff. So a 160 or 180amp

Alt should be enough? I'm getting the xs big 3 kit and a yellow top this weekend

Archived