Second Skin Audio

car audio ?'s

eastwood

Another good alternative to a yellow top is the super start agm from oriely or the diehard platinum agm from sears or napa. The super start is basically a rebadged deka. That plus the big 3 and I think you'll be okay even though it's a "1500" watt system after box rise and what not you'll be lucky to have a 1000 watts actually going to your speakers.

cool. I'll look at them. Wish i had planned my upgrades earlier. 2 months ago the batter died so just went to O'Reilly s and got a new one. Was like 119$. Wonder if they'll do some kind of trade in/up. Hate to just discard it after 2 months. With everybody's response I'll probably get an xs but I'll still check those out. Thank you

Yeah I was looking to get xs too. But ah per dollar the super start came out cheapest. Then again I live in Hawaii so shipping was $$s

99 4runner

walled 2 18 fi btl ufo psi recones 15 cubes 33hz port bottom behind the C pillar

orion hcca 8000.1d

8 Polk audio mm 691 6x9

2 2000x4 hifonics

320 amp singer alt

3 g31

1 baby seat 1 booster seat and daily driven!

Well xs is out. They're too big for my car. Was looking at the d1200 or the d975. Both are much larger. Yellow top on amazon is 179. Super start agm is 165. Deka is 144 plus shipping. Guess it's between those 3. Deka has a little more cca, but all have right at 50ah.

What are your battery space dimensions? I am sure you could could an XS Battery in that spot. Also, I know you just did the wiring but if I were you I would redo that ground and cut the wire short enough so there isn't a loop like you have it. And it is also worth your time to run your alt positive wire around the opposite side of the engine bay since it would be alotttt shorter than you have it now. You want all your wires to be shortest length possible.

What are your battery space dimensions? I am sure you could could an XS Battery in that spot. Also, I know you just did the wiring but if I were you I would redo that ground and cut the wire short enough so there isn't a loop like you have it. And it is also worth your time to run your alt positive wire around the opposite side of the engine bay since it would be alotttt shorter than you have it now. You want all your wires to be shortest length possible.

10 x 8 is pushing it. Would be right against the fuse holder and overflow resivoir. It said not to route the cable near places of heat like radiators and valve covers. The radradiator it's very high on this car. If I ran it right on top of the cross member that goes across the car it would be an inch away from the rad. If it was still on top of the cross member but more towards the front of the car i don't think the hood would close. I guess I could go through the rad support area and run it by the horn. Even then it will be like 3 inches away. I think the cable is too thick anyway to fit in that area. I know I should shorten the ground. Just don't have a crimper. When I get the battery next week I'll buy one. At work we just use a hammer but I've read here don't do that

10 x 8 is pushing it. Would be right against the fuse holder and overflow resivoir. It said not to route the cable near places of heat like radiators and valve covers. The radradiator it's very high on this car. If I ran it right on top of the cross member that goes across the car it would be an inch away from the rad. If it was still on top of the cross member but more towards the front of the car i don't think the hood would close. I guess I could go through the rad support area and run it by the horn. Even then it will be like 3 inches away. I think the cable is too thick anyway to fit in that area. I know I should shorten the ground. Just don't have a crimper. When I get the battery next week I'll buy one. At work we just use a hammer but I've read here don't do that

http://4xspower.com Go here and use their "OEM Aplication" tool. You def have space for an XS battery...in fact there are several that are too small for your car! lol And don't hammer crimp if you can help it, either solder the connections or hydrolic crimp them.

I just want to run the biggest batt I can so I don't need one in the back. If the up front one fits I'm not sure it would be enough for the entire system. I think a mechman 240 and a yellow top will be ok for sub 2000watts.

Dont forget to put a fuse on your run between the alt and positive post.

once the mechman is in I will be sure to. What do you think 250-300 fuse. Saw another thread and it seemed to be the response given

Archived