- (2) D3400
- (1) Mechman 270amp Alt
- (1) Rockford 3Sixty.3
- (2) Focal Polyglass 3-way components
- (1) Alpine PDX F4
- (1) Alpine IVA-W505
- Lots of KnuKoncepts OFC
- SHCA fuse holders
I have been having issues with my PDX-F4 4 channel. It cuts out and the red light turns on until I turn off power and restart. I was thinking a wire somewhere came loose and is causing a small short possibly?
But, in the mornings on my way to work - it does not happen (even at full tilt) and my drive is about 30mins. Only on my way home does this happen - and I mean constantly. I thought it was possibly heat, but I have monitored the heat in morning vs. night and I don't see much difference.
I have an older 4 channel amp I could toss in to see if the results repeat, or I can start removing panels to find possible loose connections.
Does anyone have experience with this, or has ideas to make the troubleshooting less of a PITA?
Assembled1_zps36c6a62c.jpg

I searched for any loose connections yesterday, and couldn't find any. Could this be a possible internal issue with the amplifier?

Any other ideas to try before installing another amp, and checking for correlation?

• 6 months later...

Try cutting the problem in half -- only connect half of the 4 channels and see if it still cuts out. Most likely a problem with a speaker wire touching ground at some point during the drive. Notice if it happens in the same place during the drive -- maybe a nice bump in the road that rattles things just the wrong way.

If it still doesn't work then I like experimenting with electronics, and would buy your amp if you'd like to sell it. You can get in touch with me at: http://polangeles.com/contact

Archived