Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Looking for some help with a box for my Excursion.


BMcCaskill

Recommended Posts

Posted

I recently picked up a bunch (14) of ATC PA75 12's and would like to build a box for my Excursion. I've built several seal boxes before but never took the time to learn to design ported boxes. What would you guys suggest with what I have available? I would like to keep the HxWxD around 20"x48"x15" but the D could go as much as 24". For the time being I have a Pioneer mono amp that runs, I think, 500w @ 2Ω / 800w @ 1Ω. As far as design goes, the wilder the better, as I have an extremely well equipped woodshop and CNC router.

Here are the specs on the drivers.

Sensitivity - 93 dB SPL
Maximum Programme Power - 300 Watts
Usable Frequency Range - Up to 3k5 Hz
Recommended Crossover Frequencies - Up to 1k Hz
FS - 45Hz
QMS - 1.23
QES - 0.26 -
QTS - 0.21 -
VAS - 77 Litres
CMS - 2.1 x10-4m×N-1
MMS - 59 gms
RMS - 14 N×s×m-1
Voice Coil Diameter - 75 mm
Voice Coil Length - 16 mm
Voice Coil Nominal Resistance - 5.4 Ohms
Voice Coil Nominal Impedance - 8 Ohms
Voice Coil Maximum Travel Peak to Peak - 20 mm
Magnet Total Flux - F 2.7 x10-3Wb
Magnet Flux Density - B 1.2 Tesla
Magnet B·l product - B·l 19 N×A-1
Magnet Gap Length - 10 mm
Magnet Gap Volume - 3.67 x10-6m3
SD - 550 cm2
Overall Diameter A 316 mm
Baffle Hole Diameter B 286 mm
Magnet Diameter C 181 mm
Front Mount Rebate Depth D 14 mm
Overall Depth E 140 mm
Thanks in advance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3402 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...