4 DD 1500 customs, M2C SUPER LOWS

have a 612, my box is tuned to 33 hz. the dd readline seris have some serius punch

damn right brother.

Sorry if I missed it, I tried reading and finding it but what is the volume of this enclosure?

right now we are at about 5 cubes tuned in at around 30.

Ha! MDF done swelled up on ya! Should have done oak or birch! Yeah I'ma rub it in!

Bro i know! lol. This just puts a timer on my next build for sure.

boss 1200 and a ipod nano.

That's a huge box for isobaric on those subs. You know that when you go isobaric, you halve the airspace needed for 1 sub right? So for those 4 subs, you'd be in the airspace for 1. I bet your output would dramatically improve if you chopped that box way down.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

That's a huge box for isobaric on those subs. You know that when you go isobaric, you halve the airspace needed for 1 sub right? So for those 4 subs, you'd be in the airspace for 1. I bet your output would dramatically improve if you chopped that box way down.

Indeed it is a huge box. essentially the box is acting like 2 12s in 10 cubic feet. Ive read up on the isobaric technique and was just really doing this to see what would happen. My goal was to hit really loud really low and I have achieved that and then some. You could be right on cutting the box down, but i highly doubt it would sound like i want it to. If i cut the box down i will start losing my lows and i dont want that. I would probably gain output in the mid and upper 30s but i could care less about hitting those frequencies very loud.

You're essentially free airing the subs I'd guess at this point. It also might be a reason your surrounds touched from zero mechanical control the box couldn't offer.

The reason my surrounds touched is because the isobaric ring wasnt big enough, when i screwed them together they touched before they even started playing. And i was checking the other day when making new flange, ill be damned if i didnt make new iso rings and these fuckers are still touching.

Thank you for your input by the way.

Executive decision was made. No more videos for this build even tho the lows were fabulous. I will miss you isobaric. anyway, Box is out. Subs are sold. The end?

Its never the end for people like me! New build continued here :

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/201717-2-dd-sw2508s-m2c-quarter-wave-enclosure/

Thanks for checking it out and look forward to your input on the next one.

Archived