Sonic Electronix

Need help with my setup Chevy Lumina 2000

want to add that are the speaker wires to small I cant tell what size they are I'm thinking 16 gauge and if so do I need something like a 10-12gauge speaker wire?? hopefully I'm in the right section I don't know where to post to ask for help/advice.

16ga seems a little small, don't know if that would be the culprit but I would definitely upgrade that to at least 14ga, 12ga may be better. Check your connections two times over. Make sure they Re wired properly. If the upgrade doesn't solve the problem there may be a problem with the sub that's getting hot. One way to find out when you're re-wiring switch subs. If the problem still occurs it has to be a wiring issue

appreciate it ChuckStakes gonna go buy 12gauge speaker wires ones I currently have now are just way to small gonna attempt to switch subs around first b4 I do buy it though maybe try to wire it differently if I can

Found the problem on one of my sundown 15's the postive and negtive wasn't labeled properly but if you look underneath at the wires it was properly labeled. The push buttons were labeled wrong thats what caused it to heat up.

Thanks for the help guys!

Archived