smity Posted June 6, 2015 Report Posted June 6, 2015 I'm thinking about building my own subwoofer. All the parts I'm going to order from shop.subwooferparts.com. I'd like to know what you guys think. What you like, don't like, what you think I should trade for what part. Whatever comes to mind. Parts list---- 600 oz 4in voice coil motor 15" TC Sounds ti basket 4" Dual 2 ohm 8 layer flat aluminum voice coil 10"x4" 2 Layer Nomex Flat Linear Roll Spider 15" BIG ROLL SUBWOOFER CONE for 4in coil 6.5" Royal Blue dust cap
smity Posted June 6, 2015 Author Report Posted June 6, 2015 Also what are you guys thinking about box size? 6 cubes tuned to 32hz?
gdaigle Posted June 6, 2015 Report Posted June 6, 2015 Anything with a 4 in coil is gonna be beast IMO. U might have a hard time with the box though. To build a proper one u are going to wanna have the parameters of the sub. Might make things more challenging if u don't have them because it's a custom sub IMO. System: Pioneer DEH-8400BH 4 Alpine Type R 6.5's 4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's 4 Soundqubed Supertweets Hifonics BRX 640.4 Crescendo S800/4 2 Soundqubed Q1-3500.1s strapped @1ohm 2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's 11 Cubes net @37hz (Subs up, port back) 2 DC Power 250 HD's 1 DC Power 300 SPX DC Power triple alt bracket 5 Kinetik HC 1800's 4 runs of 1/0 OFC power cables 4 runs of 1/0 OFC grounds from rear battery bank to OEM alt bracket iPad Air in dash 300+ sq ft or sound deadening
smity Posted June 6, 2015 Author Report Posted June 6, 2015 Ya, thats what I'm looking for is a beast. I will have zero parameters, unless I can have subwooferparts find them/figure them out?
smity Posted June 6, 2015 Author Report Posted June 6, 2015 Also I'm thinking about quad coil? but I have no idea how to run one. Like I was thinking an amp per two coils but I wouldn't know how to link the amps or coils
smity Posted June 14, 2015 Author Report Posted June 14, 2015 I think I'm going to try to find a cheaper 4hp motor. I was looking at $500 but I believe I could get anything else for relatively half that price, right?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.