Dominic Tursini Posted June 12, 2015 Report Posted June 12, 2015 Hi everyone. Ok so I'm in the process of designing a new spl box for my 15" subwoofer. It is a Targa Viper series and is rated at 2000rms. The box I have come up with given my space is as follows. w-38 inches D-17 inches H-18.5 inches that will give me just under 7 cubic feet. Subwoofer will be facing the back of the car and it will have a 8 inch aero port. The whole thing to be tuned to 30 hz. Could anybody give me some pointers if I have the wrong dimensions or anything else that would hinder my spl? and also any tips welcome thanks
Dominic Tursini Posted June 12, 2015 Author Report Posted June 12, 2015 Just some extra info. it's for a dodge caliber. the sub will be running off of 800RMS. it is a 4 ohm dvc wired to 2ohm. I am also contemplating on the tune I'm not sure if I'm happy with 30 hz, maybe more mid 30s? As I said I just want some advice so I'm open to all the info you can offer
Cj Kumz Posted June 12, 2015 Report Posted June 12, 2015 SPL boxes are tuned far much high than 30hz and are mainly for burping. If what you looking for is a loud daily setup you probably better off tuning in the 35-37hz so you also keep your low end. 7 cubes is also way too big for a 15inch. Has Targa started putting up ts parameters now? That would help with a box design Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Dominic Tursini Posted June 12, 2015 Author Report Posted June 12, 2015 It was ver difficult to find but I have come across these from different sources. 2000 RMS Power FS - 25.8Hz SPL (Efficiency, 1W/1M) - 90.4dB Nominal Impedance - 2/4/8 Ohms Qts - 0.47 Qes - 0.52 Qms - 4.46 Vas - 102.4L Mounting Depth: 190mm Mounting Hole Diameter: 355mm xmax - 16mm
Dominic Tursini Posted June 12, 2015 Author Report Posted June 12, 2015 Hoping they are at least somewhat accurate
Dominic Tursini Posted June 12, 2015 Author Report Posted June 12, 2015 Also then what would a optimum size be
Cj Kumz Posted June 12, 2015 Report Posted June 12, 2015 Yah they could be accurate except for the 2000rms part. I have used the Targa Comp 18s and Targa 15" Venoms before. My pc is down so I can't verify but I do know that the 15" targas work well in the 3.5-4 cube box range Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.