Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

sub recommendations


Recommended Posts

Posted

How's it going guys kind of in a dilemma right now and am working with my 2003 Tahoe with upgraded big three. I am kind of strapped on a budget right now probably 800. Im looking for sub recommendations. I will have a custom box build would prefer 15" or 12". Any insight or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the first post wasn't trying to start a vs. thread just giving a back story on what I had looked at that's for the insight on the vs thread though.

Posted

Read the rules homey. Vs threads aren't allowed here. Would be better to state your budget and ask for sub suggestions.

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed Q1-3500.1s strapped @1ohm

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

11 Cubes net @37hz (Subs up, port back)

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

DC Power triple alt bracket

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

4 runs of 1/0 OFC power cables

4 runs of 1/0 OFC grounds from rear battery bank to OEM alt bracket

iPad Air in dash

300+ sq ft or sound deadening

Posted

What amp are u going to be running and how many subs? Also, u upgrading alt and batts?

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed Q1-3500.1s strapped @1ohm

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

11 Cubes net @37hz (Subs up, port back)

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

DC Power triple alt bracket

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

4 runs of 1/0 OFC power cables

4 runs of 1/0 OFC grounds from rear battery bank to OEM alt bracket

iPad Air in dash

300+ sq ft or sound deadening

Posted

Would also be good to know what your goals are

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed Q1-3500.1s strapped @1ohm

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

11 Cubes net @37hz (Subs up, port back)

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

DC Power triple alt bracket

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

4 runs of 1/0 OFC power cables

4 runs of 1/0 OFC grounds from rear battery bank to OEM alt bracket

iPad Air in dash

300+ sq ft or sound deadening

Posted

Well it all depends on the subI get I have been looking at planet audio AC2600.2 for a lower RMS and the precision power BA 2600 someone recommended somewhere else. I ultimately would like to do beginner SPL and hopefully get 4 subs in the Tahoe. I will be upgrading the alternator and battery here really soon so Im just trying to get a start I currently have a 12" kicker comp and it affects my dash lights just a little bit so and that's without the Big three upgrade which I have ordered and is on the way.

Posted

I would go soundqubed for subs and amp. They make really good budget amps and subs IMO. If u want spl you should look at the hdc3's and hdc4's, prob the 3's on your budget. They both get pretty damn loud and can take some power. What is your budget on the amp? U can usually find some good deals on used amps in the for sale section if u don't mind used equipment. You are definitely gonna need some electrical upgrades...

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed Q1-3500.1s strapped @1ohm

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

11 Cubes net @37hz (Subs up, port back)

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

DC Power triple alt bracket

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

4 runs of 1/0 OFC power cables

4 runs of 1/0 OFC grounds from rear battery bank to OEM alt bracket

iPad Air in dash

300+ sq ft or sound deadening

Posted

Thanks I was looking at those and also the HDS3 and no I definitely don't mind used equipment and am planning on the upgrades for the electrical system. I do plan on spending money on the enclosure to ensure I get the most out of the sub itself. Id like to keep the amp at around 200 or alittle more so used will probably be the best route.

Posted

I'd save a little more for the amp. 200 isn't going to get you much even if you go used. The hds3's are pretty good too but aren't as loud as the hdc's. Really just comes down to how much you wanna spend

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed Q1-3500.1s strapped @1ohm

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

11 Cubes net @37hz (Subs up, port back)

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

DC Power triple alt bracket

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

4 runs of 1/0 OFC power cables

4 runs of 1/0 OFC grounds from rear battery bank to OEM alt bracket

iPad Air in dash

300+ sq ft or sound deadening

Posted

I agree my plan was to get 2 now do the electrical upgrades then finish it up in a few months that way it gives me a little more time to develop exactly what I want to do as well...that's why my budget is what it is right now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 571 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...