Second Skin Audio

Is 2 x 18's possible in this little space?

Kotoma

Hello!

I am in the middle of planning a build for my Passat 2001 Wagon, I have had 2 x 15's in this before and it metered 150.7, but I'm not about to stop there.

I have ordered myself 2 x DD Redline 818 and 2 x DD m2b for this new build.

What I am wondering about is, is it possible to make a box that does not go over the windowlines in the trunk? I am maybe looking to compete in street stock 4k (limiting the amps to about that wattage) and it would be hella funny to do it with 2 x 18's.

However I am planning a wall build soon but I have to get the paperwork ready for my car before and register it to 2 seats and such.

Here are the measurement of my previous box with 2 x 15's:

Height: 51cm

Width: 101cm

Depth: 65cm

The height and width is absolute maximum, but I have about 80cm space of depth I can spare. Even more if the back of the box is inclined. (Don't know how many degrees the seats are at tho.)

Thanks in advance for any tips!

2 x DD Redline 818

2 x DD m2b

1 x Gladen SQX 165 Component set

Sony DSX-S3000BTX

That'sonly just over 11 cubic feet which when brace, sub and port decuctions are made leave very very little room,

The second problem is actual mounting surface area. You don't have enough to make a propper mounted surface. 18.x" dia x 2 and your surface is either: 20x39" or 20x25.

The only option is either one sub facing up and one facing back/front but the magnets may touch depending on width and such.

Another option is one sub, one amp in a well designed box, a bandpass box, an isobaric ported box or an iso bandpass but that wil be tight.

So it wouldn't be possible to do it like this? Just a quick paint sketch because I am at work.

This would be the top, so subs+port facing up.

NqZJWVa.png

2 x DD Redline 818

2 x DD m2b

1 x Gladen SQX 165 Component set

Sony DSX-S3000BTX

Archived