Sundown Audio

Rockford pbr300x2 worth it?

Mr DeeBeez

thanks for the input! and he was told that hog tunes would be like the only brand that he could get because of the head unit being like a computer, its very hard to get amps to work with it.

He is looking at getting 2 speakers in his saddle bags, and and amp. with just those and installation, he said it would be about $1500. I know stuff is always expensive with harleys, but this seems ridiculous to me. Does it sound like a fair price to you?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

DO NOT go with Hogtunes. I can't tell you how many folks start with that because they fall for the "motorcycle marketing" same goes for J&M and then come looking for help because they can't hear anything on the road.

He will 99% likely have to get his radio "flashed" by the dealership to have it set for an amplifier. This is true.......but Hogtunes didn't magically fix it. Fosgate requires it also with the use of the PBR. Honestly 1500 is not a lot for a quality system when you think about the bike costing 25,000.00 for a "toy". Now, 1500 for Hogtunes or J&M is crazy. Simply not worth it.

http://www.biketronics.com

Have him look at these guys, give them a call and talk to Bill. Out of any company that I've ever used to buy ANYTHING Bill and Company have provided me the best customer service EVER and a lifetime warranty. On top of that their speakers are made by Hybrid Audio Tech (HAT). It's quality stuff and they can get him a MUCH better system for about 1200 bucks. Your taking Hybrid Audio Imagine line speakers and their custom built in house UCD amp.

You could piece something together that would be cheaper, but the one stop shop and them knowing what flash works for their equipment is worth the price.

Ill show him what you said and have him check it out, Thanks!

The reason he said the amp wont work is because a person at harley davidson told him that with the rockford, you could spend hours trying to wire it and it wont work or could cause problems.

Is gettting the radio flashed difficult or expensive?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

nevermind on the hog tunes. Misunderstood him when he was talking about it. He is looking into Boom Audio. Any thoughts about that brand?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Man those dudes a the HD dealership are clueless. For starters they don't normally install anything they don't carry at the HD dealership so those guys aren't knowledgeable in Focal, Arc Audio, Hertz, etc. Secondly they're trying to sell you Boom upgrade which is bigger garbage than Hogtunes.

Flash - They're normally 100 bucks. BUT, they are often hit or miss because dealerships aren't smart enough to know which ones you need so you have to rely on the company/brand you are using to have done the R&D and know which one works. Biketronics has done it, Fosgate has done it -- companies like Hertz, JL Audio they don't give a crap about HD so it's hit or miss.

ALOT of folks us this: http://www.cyclesounds.com/dsp-line-level-shifter-magic-box-harley.html A DSP line converter knowns as a magic box. It works. You're old man could wire up that fosgate with a magic box and he would have zero issues. Run power and ground to the battery, connect remote wire to the headlamp. LOTS of guys runnning this same set up. Get a set of Infinity Kappa 62.11i and put 2-3 sheets of polyfill / polyester batting behind them and set of 5.25 to 6.5 adaptors and be a lot better off than the stock set up.

Any questions check out this forum

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems-153/

For $100 that is a great deal for the PBR300x2. For $20 more, check out the Kenwood KAC-M3004. It is a 4 channel mini amp, but can be bridged to 3 or 2 channels and puts out the POWA!!

See link below for my Amp Dyno test of this little amp! It's coated for marine use also. I don't work for Kenwood or wasn't paid to say this. I buy and test amps, do not accept free amps for testing. Want to stay unbiased :good: . More expensive for me, but I do it for you guys.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/199030-tiny-kenwood-4ch-amp-kac-m3004-amp-dyno-test/

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Archived